Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Starrbooty-The Cat



After what seemed like a long day at work,I arrived home ,went through the mail,and turned on the tube. A couple minutes later,our cat came over and started her usual purring and rubbing against my arms and eventually ended up taking a snooze on my chest. It occurred to me,when did I become a cat lover? I love all animals,but always considered myself a dog lover. I have had three dogs that I loved very much. Upon moving to Philadelphia,the boy toy and I considered a pet,but in a apartment it's hard to have a good size dog,not to mention the hours we worked at the time wouldn't be fair to the dog. The boy toy wants to rescue a Greyhound and I want to get a Great Dane. This will happen down the road though. Any who,Starrbooty the cat has become very attached to us,as we are to her. She is very affectionate and what a personality! And a diva. She rules the house like the Queen if Sheba,especially when she lies on the canopy bed! I guess it was love at first sight the day I found her. At the time I worked at the King-of-Prussia mall. One day my store manager and I were getting our morning fix of java,when all of a sudden,we saw this beautiful black cat in the front gates of Neiman-Marcus. She was a little shaken,but was definitely friendly and it was obvious she got dumped there.We later found out she had been in the store for over a week,but no one could catch her,for she was well hidden by staff. So we coaxed her out and took her to our store and called the ASPCA. They came to take her,and I asked what would happen next. They said she was probley dumped off at the mall by her owners in hopes someone would give her a home. They would keep her for three weeks and if unclaimed she would be put down. Well,being a animal lover I couldn't let that happen so I consulted with the boy toy to see if he would like to take in the cat as our pet. I put my best sad eyes forward and batted my eyelashes and it worked like a charm!
After some general health care she was ours! Five years and 20 names later,her name keeps changing like the sectaries on Murphy Brown,we can't imagine our life without her now. I never though I would be a cat owner,and here I am cuddling with Starrbooty. And I tell everyone I got my cat at Neiman-Marcus,where you can buy anything in the world!

6 comments:

  1. "Starrbooty"...I like it. It's not every day you hear "Come 'ere Starrbooty!"

    and um...your labor day hunk? Very nice......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black cats are some of the hardest for shelters to place. Thank you for taking her!

    I have my own black cat, Natasha. One of the many names I call her is The Supermodel. Because she struts across the floor like she owns the place. I know who's really in charge around here. And if she'd stop doing that Greta Garbo thing. there would be more photos of her on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwww .... what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9/03/2008

    That is to cute. I say once you own a cat you won't go back to the dogs. I have hree cats and woudln't give them up for the world. She looks just beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dagny-I agree. I think black cats have a extra dose of attitude and have that "stike a pose" in back of their head!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11/11/2008

    Thanks for writing this.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!