Monday, November 24, 2008

A Sad Day






Today was a sad day. We had to have Miss Starrbooty put to sleep. All last week she wasn't herself. She had stopped eating the amount of food she usually would eat and was drinking more water. She also started to have seizures where her back legs would go out on her. Through the weekend it got only worst and she took to the kitchen and wouldn't leave. And her seizures made her meow,but not her usual happy one. So it wasn't a good weekend. So,today the Boy-Toy took her to the vet for the Mistress because I knew I would go to pieces. So the call came from him that it was cancer and it would be better to have her put down. I'm glad she didn't suffer to long. Anyhow, the Boy-Toy said when she got the needle to be put to sleep,the nurse said she had to be on her side. Starrbooty was lying in her usual New York City Library Lion pose I called it. Just regal and full of attitude just like those lions. The Boy-Toy told the nurse this cat will NOT be told what to do. So she stayed in her lion pose. And that was it. She was full of attitude and regal till the end. I'll always remember her little face the day we found her at Neiman-Marcus where someone dumped her. I was never a cat person up to that point,but I knew I had to take this little cat. After she was in our abode awhile I found out her and the Mistress and the same attitude and personality.We would always cook together in the kitchen and lie about swankily on the weekend in the boudoir. And did she ever like the beads and feathers and plumes! She would even watch football with the Boy-Toy in the fall season,to my dismay. Starrbooty was a loving cat full of personality and we will miss her.

16 comments:

  1. Awe, Mistress Maddie, I am soooo sad for you! I know how much Miss Starbooty meant to you and I know you will miss her greatly! My thoughts are with you in your sorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noooo. Natasha and I send our condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never cried so hard in my life. Still am, in fact.

    Best furry friend ever. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11/24/2008

    I'm so sorry to hear about Starrbooty. It is very hard to lose a member of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11/24/2008

    We will miss the beautiful Miss Starrbooty. My thought s are with you with in this time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maddie -

    This is difficult for me to hear because it's so soon after my Emmy's passing.

    I am glad that Starbooty didn't suffer too long, and I am especially happy that I got to meet her. She was adorable.

    I hope to see you and the Boy Toy over Thanksgiving. We'll drink a toast to our beloved, departed girls.

    Hugs,

    Mamie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry to hear about your cat... I am a lurker, but came out of the dark to say that Don Juan, Evil Feral Cat, the Little Dog, and the rest of the menagerie send our sympathies and condolences...

    ReplyDelete
  8. My dear sweet Maddie & the Boy-Toy, my deepest thoughts and and a dry warm shoulder to you today. Our pets are such a strong part of our families, and leave such a void once they are gone. But you have chosen a wonderful way to celebrate her life and her gift. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11/25/2008

    I'm so sorry to hear about the lose of Starrbooty.My thoughts are with you both.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We just want to thank everyone for there wished of peace at this time. We never thought we would take it so hard.So a big THANK-YOU for all your comments.We will be missing her greatly.

    XOXOXOXO-
    Mistress Maddie

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh honey...I am so so sorry. Our pets are our babies, and to lose them hurts like hell.

    starbooty was a wonderful addition to your family....I'm so sorry sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous11/25/2008

    Anything regarding humans can happen in the world and I brush over it. But the death of any animal hits me hard every time.
    I am a first-time visitor to your blog and I am so sorry about your cat. Nothing I can say can make you feel better, but know that others do understand and care about how you feel.
    I am glad that you have so many happy memories of Miss Starbooty.
    Maybe sometime in the future you will be able to adopt a new cat.
    There are so many lost souls out there wandering the streets and animal shelters. But until then, I hope the happy thoughts outweigh and push aside the sad thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous11/25/2008

    So sorry to hear the news Mistress.I hope you find some comfort hon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous11/25/2008

    A great loss Mistress M. What a beautiful cat! My thought are with you both.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so sorry to hear of this, Maddie. I'm sure Starrbooty will be missed. Hang in there, girl.

    Hugs,

    Mark :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mistress Maddie, I'm stopping by via Miss Ginger's blog, and wanted to give you my heartfelt condolences on the passing of Miss Starbooty. She's the spitting image of our kitty Sheeba, except Sheeba is a boy.

    I know how hard it is to say goodbye to a pet, and my thoughts are with you.

    Hugs, Beth
    AKA Nutwood Beth

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!