Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Lady Bunny in Veranda

The Mistress is very excited! Her all time favorite drag Goddess, Lady Bunny is set to star in the play Veranda.



Bunny will start in the play January 15th, so if your down south in Atlanta the show can be seen at the Ansley Park Playhouse. I have always loved that queen and think she will add alot to the role. According to Bunny she is having the time of her life down there. She said on her blog " we are crying with laughter while rehearsing and the director told them that they are allowed one Carol Burnett moment per performance" I can just imagine the antics going on in that there playhouse! Lady Bunny plays Charity Dive, a southern Baptist preacher wife, which is funny in it self! Veranda is a side-splitting play about Sarah Edwards, a Buckethead matriarch and socialite in competition for Christian of the Year. All is going smoothly until her daughter brings home a homeless child, the pagant's baby Jesus gets sick, the preacher's wife wants to adopt a baby, she is also planning the largest gay wedding in history for her gay son, and her meddlesome mother-in-law shows up for a unexpected visit. I only wish the play would travel, I would love to see this. Following is a interveiw with Lady Bunny on her role in the play. It's funny as hell and don't you just love the wig?

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/15/2009

    So glad you posted this.I'll be in Altanta next week and I'll have to check it out.She is funny as hell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the wig is certainly ferosh!!! and she's in ansley park ~ i LOVE the playhouse! i will have to see if i can catch it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only wish I lived there to see it. If you go enjoy it.I'll be sooooo jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!