Friday, February 20, 2009

I Love me a Ascot

Yesterday after the day ended and all the odds and ends were done, the Mistress settled in to watch one of her favorite channels AMC. Currently AMC is running movies that won Oscars or were nominated for one. Last night they ran one of the Mistress's favorite movies, My Fair Lady. It starred Audrey Hepburn as Eliza Doolittle, a Cockney flower girl who takes speech lessons from professor Henry Higgins, played by Rex Harrison, so the she can pass as a lady. Higgins takes credit for Eliza's success, but she realizes that she can now be independent and does not need him. The movie is really good and entertaining but the fashion is incredible. Have you ever seen this movie?








I may have to re-create this look for a masquerade ball sometime.

5 comments:

  1. ooooh, i'm thrilled you told me about this... i will have to check out what movies are coming up. on a semi-unrelated note: 'sybil' is going to be on lifetime tomorrow night! it's superlong, but i loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Carlos would say, "Oh my god! look at that hat! it's fabulous!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kayce -I love me a little sybil. I haven't seen that movie in a while. I recall the movie being very good!

    Bob-maybe these pictures would make him feel better. He He

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2/20/2009

    This is my favorite Audrey movie. We need to get together for a Audrey-a thon sometime! And loved the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That black & white dress and hat are FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!