Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Grande Dame of the Week

The operatic and dramatic.....LaLa McCallan!


LaLa McCallan is definitely a different breed of drag queen. Just as the audience recovers from LaLa's sensational appearance, it is once again swept away as she starts singing the first notes...live and with her own voice. With a vocal range of over three octaves, she blends together opera, pop, soul and jazz, and sings tunes from Maria Callas to Frank Sinatra, to Mariah Carey. LaLa is a naive of Italy and moved to London to study theater and music where she graduated. LaLa then went on to Royal Caribbean International and toured the world and performed in over 14 musical revue shows, and then returned back to Italy where she performs in her own self titled shows, high-brow supper clubs, and for various charities. LaLa is one very talented diva with that voice. I was amazed and blown away when I heard it the first time. Truly amazing ,and what extravagant wigs! Right up the Mistress's ally!











And here is one of LaLa'a outstanding performances of her extraordinary voice.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That's stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marissa Devine7/22/2009

    Oh my God, LaLa is beautiful and what a talent!!! I'm sure she brings the house down where ever she is at!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What drama! And that voice. Where does it come from? I would love to see her perform.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now THAT is a drag queen! I don't think I have ever scene anything like her before, even out here!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!