Sunday, December 13, 2009

It'll be A Bakery Up in Here



Or is that maybe a distillery! Yea, that would probably be more appropriate. Yesterday was all about relaxing at the spa which went very well I might add. I came home very limp....and relaxed. Popped a bottle or two of Merlot for the rest of the day and that was all she wrote. Today will be mostly about getting my holiday baking under way. Today I will be making most of my little liquor cakes. They are little bundt cakes. Last week I stopped and picked up the hooch for them. I will be making in no particular order, (as I'm not partial to any spirit, as their all my friends,lol,)Amaretto cakes, Triple Chocolate Rum cakes, Irish Whiskey Cakes, and Carrot Bourbon cakes. This will be the first time I'm am trying these. I'll have to see how they turn out, and if I'm still sober after I make them!!! Up next will be my Gingerbread Candy cookie that have crushed peppermint with a white icing on top. There always a favorite with everyone. Then a brisk walk with Buster Bolfig to walk off all the hooch consumed during the baking and to get some fresh air. Up next after those will be my sage cookies. They sound odd, I know, but are very tasty y'all. (sorry, I was channeling my inner Paula Dean.) They contain just a little sage in them. They are like a sugar cookie, just not as sweet. After baking them they are put together with apricot jam. Delish! Later in the week I'll be making my mother's famous cookie, the COOKIE, SAND TARTS! Every year more and more of my friends want these little suckers. I'll be doing a whole post of the making of them later in the week, per request. So yea, a busy day ahead but it is so worth it. I love to send some care packages out. I always think it is a nice touch to give a gift of something from the oven. Tootles!

12 comments:

  1. LOL. You crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12/13/2009

    Sounds like a very fun day! Um, can I ask . . . is my name on the care pakcage list? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eagerly awaiting the sand tart post. They are absolutely delicious! I feel honored to have received those you baked for me! Keep us posted on how the tipsy cakes taste, but I'm sure they will be delicious. Love it when you channel your inner Paula Deen!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bitch -

    You better save me some Sand Tarts!! And as long as I have you and your Mom, I don't need the recipe!!

    XOXOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that home made gifts are the best, and baked are the best of the best :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling, there is nothing like having a few nips while cooking! It's the best! Good luck with it all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mame- I guess I can save you a baggy full!

    Michael- Which "care package" list would you like to be on. lol!

    Joy- so glad you enjoyed them.

    Bucko- I agree. It better to get something to really enjoy, instead of something sitting there collecting dust.

    Lady Finger- welcome aboard honey!, and thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marrissa Devine12/13/2009

    And can a have the adress please. I would love to try some of those little cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh hell no! I hope your not going to drink while your baking! Lord knows how these things will turn out. Sounds like a full day though. A good day to bake if you ask me. Save the triple chocolate for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yea, and how much did you actually get done on those liquor cakes! You probably drank the ingredients didn't you. LOL! I wouldn't mind some sandtarts though, feel free to send some.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Design work and cook and bake? That Boy-Toy is lucky. How buzzed did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOOOOOHHHHHHHH my, what do I have to do to get some of those goodies!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!