Monday, January 11, 2010

FarmVille! What the ****!

People are going mad for FarmVille – an online farming simulation that draws in 74 million users around the world every day, making it the most popular game among Facebook's 350 million users. I have many suckers, I mean friends ,who are on Facebook that spend hours at a time playing this nutty game! Am I missing something? I don't like to garden, so I sure as hell would not play this game. Now, if it was a stud farm with all hot, hunky males put to pasture then my ass would sign up for Face Book damn quick!!! In the game, players manage a virtual farm by planting, growing and harvesting virtual crops, trees and livestock. Players can buy everything they need for their farm – seeds, trees, animals, buildings and more land – with FarmVille currency called "coins." Players earn coins by selling crops or accumulating cash at a rate of $1 per experience level. For those not content to earn their coins and cash in the virtual world, real-world credit cards can be used to buy them from the game's developer, Zynga, which gets most of its corporate revenue from the sale of virtual goods. Just like a real farm, if the crop isn't harvested in time, it will wilt and must be plowed under, leaving the player without any profits. I just don't get it! This clip sums it up.

16 comments:

  1. I am at level 31. And I also play Zynga's Yoville, Cafe World and Petville. When you're chained to a desk eight or more hours a day, the games help to pass the time. Plus I'm a bit competitive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1/12/2010

    I have no clue about this either, and that's the way I want to keep it. I don't have time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My BIL, an actual farmer, is totally flummoxed by Farmville.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maddie...I don't get it either!! Hell, I have a hard enough time taking care of my REAL garden, let alone a pretend one!! what's the appeal? I just don't get it. I don't play ANY of those games on FB...are you on FB????!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't get it either. Funny video about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a farm in Farmville but I don't run it anymore. Got bored with the whole thing but it was fun for awhile. None of that stuff lasts very long.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi I am Dan and I am addicted to Farmville.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have no frickin clue what the hell this game is about or who would want to play it. But then I don't get the whole facebook thing either. Or have the time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm on Facebook and have no desire to know what the hell this game is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dan, how many chicken coops do you have though?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thats is a funny clip! And how true. I have heard of Farmville as I'm on Facebook, but I have no idea what the hell it is or how you play it, or even for that matter why would you want to play it. Reading blogs and facebook take time now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kailyn - I only have one, how can you get more?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dan, there was a glitch earlier this week that allowed you to get more coops when you expanded your storage but they have since fixed it. Email me at kailynne09@gmail.com and I'll tell you the other possible loophole in the code.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Take it from our professional FarmViller she know's what she is talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My sister is hooked.
    I.Don't.Get.It.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Coco de Mere1/16/2010

    Loves it!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!