Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year's Day to Kailyn-With Love



Happy New Year's again to all! Did you have a nice evening? The Mistress has arisen from her New Year Eve haze and was hung terribly from the drinking! Upon getting up with the Boy-Toy and company she went directly to the kitchen to get the dinner for tonight in the oven. I just wish Kailyn could be here to par take with us.



The black coloring you see is the pepper I use. I use lots of pepper and some garlic to really add some flavor and spice. I will also be adding mashed potatoes and black eyed peas to the dinner later with some nice red wine. It is already starting to smell delish! I can't ever remember not having a good pork and sauerkraut dinner on New Year Day. It is a huge Central Pennsylvania tradition and my grandmother always prepared this meal, so I guess it is a way of continuing the tradition and a homage to her as well. And lets face it, it's some good eatin' as we would all say. This afternoon we will watch some of the Mummers Parade, and maybe some movies, but I'm guessing by the color of the Mistress she will be heading back to the boudoir till later today. From the wine, cock-a-tails and hours of entertaining, she felt like a truck or a big muscular daddy hit her. So back to bed she went with aspirin, water and her trusty frozen eye mask to slumber! The Boy-Toy and company will watch football or also sleep. I'm happy to report everyone survived and a delish dinner last night was a hit. The Fillet Mignon melted in your mouth! So, a nice time had by all, but of course the Mistress always aims to please. We thought of doing this out the windows last night to greet the neighborhood!



Now back to bed.Tootles!

13 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, darlin'! Hope you're feeling better, because it IS the weekend, you know! ;) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pork and red wine sound delish, but have never been a fan of the sourkraut. Hope you feel normal by dinner :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo. Yum. Love me some sauerkraut. Was just discussing it with my dad this morning. But I'll be having a different kind of leafy green stuff tonight.

    Now you rest up because you know you're going to need some drinks with that meal. And hey, it's Friday. You can get dronk all over again.

    May you have a happy, lucky and prosperous new year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! Yea I too am still drunk I think and sore. You are so cooking me dinner if I ever come to Philly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coco de Mere1/01/2010

    I see you are continuing the pork dinner! I love roast pork but not saurkaut! Yuck. Love the moon pic !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy Toy1/01/2010

    Cali Boi and Kailyn-

    You are more than welcome to take my place on pork and sauerkraut days.

    Simply nauseating. This Boy Toy had to skip out to a football party for a while just to get away. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous1/02/2010

    Happy New Years Day to you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year again Mistress. I never did make it to my families house for dinner-to hung over. Did you save any dinner? Look good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year MAddie and Boy toy!!!

    and I HAVE to have the pork and kraut too..and black eyed peas. YUM!!!

    2009 was the best year cuz it gave me YOU!!!!! XOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had black-eyed peas, pork roast, sauerkraut, stewed potatoes, and cornbread at Mother's yesterday for New Years. It was so good!

    Happy New Year to you and the Boy Toy!!

    XOXOXOXXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mistress Maddie #1 Fan1/02/2010

    I'll take your place Boy-Toy, I love pork and sourkraut!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sound like ti was a fun time then!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Batina1/04/2010

    Happy New Year Mistress and enjoy that dinner!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!