Monday, January 18, 2010

Purveyors of the Hard to Find



One of the Mistress's favorite things I just discovered about five months ago is the Vermont Country Store? Have you heard of it? I came across the catalog from the recommendation from the Aunt. I was looking for a coffee maker from Melita that she uses and I have wanted one.

I know most are saying this looks like extra work, but it makes the best tasting coffee ever. I'm not sure why. I think it is the amount of time it soaks in the grinds before dripping below to the pot. Well, I found it in their catalog. They call them selves the "Purveyors of the Practical and Hard to Find". And it's true. Their are things in that catalog I remember my dear grandmother talking about and little candies we used to get when we were small. Where else can you things from -
A Sky Bar

to old Mosser glassware


to old brands from yester-year

to the old style aluminum drink ware

to personal vibrators!


I swear they do have a whole page of vibrators! And no I have not ordered one. I prefer the real thing myself. The company is owned and operated by the Orton family since 1946 and they have everything from apparel,apothecary, food and candy, household items, kitchen items,outdoor items, and many more things. I did much holiday shopping with them and all my orders were here very fast and pack so nice. And everyone was very surprised by their gifts also. I got them things they had talked about, and would like to have, but didn't know where to get them. Voila, I ordered from the Vermont Country store. They couldn't believe I had found these things and they all really liked them. I have a couple of old tired and true items from them and have been very pleased. The only thing is, when I visit overnight my one friend, I don't really care to hear the humming coming from the bedroom while the lights are dimming!!! Tootles.

14 comments:

  1. A French Press makes really good coffee, too.
    We use ours quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have ordered stuff from them years ago but haven't lately. Toss the catalog into the recycling but - oh, my!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy Toy1/18/2010

    A French Press may make good coffee, but it is certainly not a good vibrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do know about them and get their catalog. Neat stuff! I might order that coffee maker when my Braun dies. I'd like to say something about that vibrator but am restraining myself.

    Funny, Boy Toy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Instead I'll just say I have an impersonal vibrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh! Looks like it might have things I'd want to add to my Want List.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess I need to get that catalog, for the coffee press of course!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think maybe I should get a copy of the catalog. There might be some, hmmmm, things I could order.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You mean to tell me you can get all this neat stuff plus vibrators! A one stop shop for sure! I will have to get the catalog, it look neat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Auntie Flame are you trying to tell us you too have dimming lights?!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My mother gets this catalogue...I've never ordered anything from them but they do have wonderful items for sale!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Coco de Mere1/20/2010

    I went to their website and they really do have, like everything!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how I love this catalog! I collect Mosser glassware so it very nice they carry it in all colors and I don't have to waste time driving all over looking for it. Vibrators? Oh Dear.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll have to check this out when I have more time. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!