Friday, July 23, 2010

Summer Fun for the Orally Fixated



Does that just look heavenly? And talk about talent! Looks like he is going to do a walrus impression!



Well helooooooooo everyone and a happy Friday to y'all! If your like the Mistress and enjoy summer, you probably like something nice, cool, and hard to sink your teeth into. Something to suck on that will let you exercise your tongue. Work the oral stress away. The Mistress has always been very skilled when it comes to orally pleasing her guest(s). Now, I bet you people were thinking dirty weren't you? Like gutter dirty. Well, what I'm referring to is a childhood joy of slurping an icy popsicle on a hot day! What did you think I was talking about?



These pretty pastel pops serve up summer nostalgia with a Mistress boozy adult twist.The secret ingredient is Campari, the scarlet Italian aperitif made from herbs, spices and fruit.



It's traditionally served over ice with soda water and a slice of lime or a splash of juice. A great summer barbecue drink, Campari is refreshing in the heat and mild enough you can sip it all afternoon without worries, trust me, I have! The pops are sweeter, fruitier and just plain fun. All you need is four ingredients and a couple of kiddie popsicle molds from the 99 cent store. The pink grapefruit pops are perfect for Campari lovers – tart, with the alcohol's distinctly bittersweet flavor. If they were served in a little glass at a fancy restaurant you'd call them palate cleansing I tell ya! The orange versions are sweeter, a mouthful of frosty orange with a just a little extra something. Mix up a batch of each – popsicles never felt so classy people. Give a couple to your cute lawn boy, before you know the shirts off and he's eating out of your hands! If your lucky, he may even forget to charge ya. Take some down to the local fraternity house and you'll be the most popular cougar in town! I going to make a batch this weekend and give the extras to the built guys working on the pool remodel five miles up the road! Here are the recipes-

Campari Citrus Popsicles
makes 10-15, depending on the size

Grapefruit Pops
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
3 cups grapefruit juice
1/2 cup Campari

Orange Pops
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
3 cups orange juice
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/2 cup Campari

Mix the water and sugar together in a small pan over a low heat, and bring up to boil until the sugar dissolves. Allow the simple syrup to boil for 4 minutes, remove from heat and cool (makes a little over 1 cup). Combine the citrus juice and Campari and add 1 cup of the cooled syrup. You might want to have a couple of glasses of Campari to make sure it is fine and taste right. Adjust to taste: for the grapefruit pops, you may want to add a tablespoon or two of extra syrup if you prefer them less tart. Remember, the mixture will taste slightly sweeter in liquid form than it does when frozen. Pour into popsicle molds and freeze at least 8 hours or overnight. To remove, run the molds quickly under hot water, and gently pull out the pops. Take them to your hot neighbor and enjoy the day as it gets hotter. Just make sure you put your bloomers back on the right way. Enjoy the weekend. I'll be poolside again enjoying the views! Tootles!

25 comments:

  1. orally fixated! Are you talking about me again?
    Those really do look good...yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can suck it and catch a buzz at the same time?
    Win.
    Win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! I love popcicles and booze, not to mention sticking big things in my mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I left cupcakes at GB's fraternity house last week. Head slap! Should have left booze!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jesus H Christ girl! I have never laughed so hard!!!! LOL! YOU ARE TOO MUCH! I swear I almost wet myself at my desk. These do look yummy though, I will have to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, I love this adult version of popsicles!!! Gorgeous colors….I don’t think Campari ever looked so good! It must have been so fun to photograph that. Beautiful shots of the seductive guy!!! and then slightly buzzed in the end???
    :) Have a wonderful weekend Mistress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous idea Mistress. These could well be the highlight of our BAR -B-Q celebration next weekend. I just hope I get laid! I'll let you know. Funny post by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! Great post about the Mistress sucking cock...I mean popsicles! I may need a longer visit if I do get there! Your a good hostess I see! These do sound good, but are you sure you don't use more Campari than called for?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't really drink, but this sounds really good. The pops that is not the cock sucking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the cock sucking reference!!! LOL! And the pictures aren't bad either! Yum though. Last summer, I made pina colada pops (coconut/pineapple juice and rum) and sparkling water/elderberry liqueur pops. You should try these sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I came to look for the candy shop and got this! LOL! Funny as hell! I dont under mind you either, I betting you do hand them out to get the boys drunk!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow it sounds like I better get over there, if you'll have me! These sound real good about now. LOL to what Bob said!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Divine. Simply Divine. Thank you, Mistress, the Goddess of Cool Intoxication.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gah! It seems like all the retailers around here have decided that summer is officially over, and no one has popsicle molds any more! I may have to give up and buy them online...

    ReplyDelete
  15. "R-Rated Popsicles" should have been this post title LOL! And I was all "Why,Mistress, you shock me! How very risque! How positively NAUGHTY. I don't question your talents hon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mistress Maddie #1 Fan7/23/2010

    I can't wait to try these! Love this post though,lol,lol,lol! I can think of other things besides a popsicle to work that oral fixation! Your talents go beyond the shop I'm guessing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mistress Madie #1 Fan7/23/2010

    PS- And yes Cali-Boi, the Mistress is the perfect hostess....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mistress! These look just fabulous! I can't wait to try them, but save the info about your oral skills honey, I already read it on the bathroom wall at the Regal Beagle! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Funny Mistress! What a great way to brush up on oral skills and enjoy a cool treat! You really are on top of things!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mistress, when I read this I almostspot my drink all over my dear dear! We laughed so hard! I have to admit, these do look so good! And refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How cool is this, DJ told me about this here blog! Too funny! I have something better than a cool popsicle for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I see nothing wrong with being orally fixated! Great way to enjoy the heat and brush up on your oral skills!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh how cool is this! And Mistress I don't question your oral skills. And a mental note has been made. I'm also trying these this week, provided I can find the molds!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would love nothing more than to taste your popsicle;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love Campari because I am forced to sip it, insted of just tossing 'em back...

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!