Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Closing the Doors on September



I can't believe September is behind us already!!! The Mistress has been very hectic of late with work poto-types and fashion styling last week and then had to ready her own store for a huge visit yesterday which went very well. So today I took the day off to recharge and relax, and it couldn't have been a better day to take a nice end of September walk. It would do me and Buster Bolfig Borghese good to get out for some nice cool air and enjoy the scenery. After a few chores here and lunch I got myself ready. I believe Buster thought I would never get ready and get us out for a walk.



Annnnnnywho, I did manage to get us out of here by noon, right after a cock-a-tail. I grabbed my trustee camera to take out this afternoon with the intent of taking lots of pictures of the fall foliage and scenes around the park, but I got distracted by the stunning architecture in Doylestown. It's funny, but having lived here for almost ten years, I never really noticed the front doors of homes before. When I look at the doors, I believe they can really set the personality for the family that lives there and the doors really give a great focal point of the homes. I love images of doors, gates, porticos and paths. And I am always a sucker for a good-looking doorway, as evidenced by some of the pictures, so while walking I decided to scrap the pics of the park, and I though I'd snap some of the most lovely doors of Doylestown to share with y'all





I absolutely adore the shutter doors on this house. It reminds me of a southern home.








It was amazing just how many different doors could be seen. And they varied from the very simple to the very ornate, different shapes, window panes and every color from the Benjamen Moore paint store! Another reason why I like these little towns opposed to the cookie cutter developments. There is so much more personality, don't you think?












A very nice day all and all. A favorite of mine in all these pictures? I love them all. Next month Ill share some of the houses with y'all on a tour of Doylestown. Tootles!

20 comments:

  1. Hmm I love them all! That first one is magnificent and very grand

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful town Dolyetowns is! I have heard of it but didn't know the homes were so magnificent.Love the neighborhood tour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't pick just one I like, there all visual stunners.I love to see unique doorways, windows etc. It really makes the entrance to the home so enticing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now those are some handsome entrances! I swear you find so much intresting things and you don't miss anything! That inspires me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Front doors are neat to look at. The house we lived in until I was 7had an orange front door. The previous homeowner painted it that before my parents moved there and they never repainted it. Hey, it was the '70s.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's some gorgeous doors there! I especially like the last one with the wee pumpkins above the door!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9/30/2010

    Love the collection of doors! I do enjoy fall, but I'm not ready for winter to be coming.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post Maddie! I like it when you take us out for a stroll.:)

    I love the first door that you pictured. The greenery climbing over it and the urns frame it so well. I also like the home with the simple pale green shutter door. Very southern. My favorite is the very pale aqua door with chrome knocker, handle, and kick plate. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a fascination with doors, and love the doors in this post! I once went to London and spent the whole time taking pictures of beautiful doors. There is a Adams/Georgian neighborhood near the British Museum that has the most beautiful doors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for such a fun post. What beautiful doors! Makes me want to paint mine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are great pictures. I'm going to show some of these to my husband so that what I want to do to the front door will be tame by comparison. :D Doylestown looks like a chic little town.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love to look at doors, they are all so interesting and some are so inviting while others almost say stay away, like mine. I'm a bad gay! You showed some really gorgeous ones. Hugs, sweetcheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are some great doors and right up my alley! I'll have to remember this post when I start talking about exterior colour and style very soon. Great timing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are stunning doors honey! You would not want to see my piece of shit for a door, you would be appauled!

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a wonderful collection of doors! my favorite I think is the one with the pineapple above in the broken pediment.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have to agree with Chet, the one with the pineapple is quite stunning. It sure beats my hunter green apartment door!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great post to do. The houses there must be very nice! Now I'm going to be looking at doors all weekend. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You would love the doors we have here in the downtown London neighborhoods! Some real beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous2/26/2011

    hi, new to the site, thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!