Friday, September 24, 2010

Creatively Speaking...I Missed My Blog Buds!

Ohhhhh my dear darlings, how I have missed you! It was a hectic week for the Mistress as I was away all week to one of our branch stores for a complete over haul, and good gawd, was there work to be done. The visual and merchandising teams ascended the store by huge numbers to poto-type the store for the fourth quarter. The Mistress was on the fashion styling this year again, and had many ideas for the propping and the display ascetic's. And thank God there was some build boys to help with some of the "heavy" work, and the know how to get the Mistress's ideas implemented. Well, I did just get a manicure before the trip. The first day were these grouping of mannequins featuring many of the fall fashion trends, and the Vince shop. I love to have mannequins in large groupings for the impact and drive the trend home.





One of the Mistress's forte is the fashion accessory department. I just LOVE a good accessory! The first picture is the merchandising I did in the Marc by Marc shop, with some wooden contemporary forms for animation. Love the wall oversize lattice we added. The second picture is a wall for Michael Kors handbags. It was a extra wall space that I thought would be a neat for a interesting display option. I used candlesticks and sprayed them gold, but kept some glass, and then hung them on the wall with the handbags hanging on them. And the last picture is a mannequin in the Louis Vuitton shop that just got finished from construction.





Next up was the men's department. The first picture is a mannequin moment featuring the rocker look for men. I add a female mannequin to crack the whip at them. You know the Mistress can be quite a minx!!!! The whip was later removed as it was seen just a tad racy. The John Varvatos Shop I'm very proud of. The shop was painted black. Art work we had on hand was added to the back wall. Intimation plastic speakers were add to the other wall. We then added 21 glass chandeliers, sprayed black and hung them proudly center. It really ended up looking urban and contemporary I thought.




And on the last day were some feature walls with some very eye catching colors and fun use of the mannequin positioning. These walls feature some of the fall fashion trends for women, like the femme fatale suiting, the all important silk blouse, and the sculptural dress.





Even though it is alot of work I really enjoy what I do for a living. Just knowing your making a appealling and fun visual for people to see. Plus I get to used both my visual styling background and my interior design, hand in hand. It's like the best of both worlds. Now... to get caught up blog reading and on to a relaxing weekend with some cock-a-tails! Tootles!

21 comments:

  1. That was really fun to see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous. And the displays look good too! Mwah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and creative work! I wouldn't know a good accessory if it came up and bit me on the ass. I'm jealous of people who understand accessorizing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fabulous, great job. Now go rest :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honey... Miss Ginger knows for what you speak!! She just got back from re-doing our NorthPark store in Dallas for a TL visit! She's on the merchandising side, so she's usually a day ahead of you creative geniuses!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, what eye candy! I always love visiting your blog, but have been a little behind lately. Catching up was a treat, indeed! You got talent kid!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, how very gorgeous!... Around here all the department stores look so boring and empty. I would love to see your work in person.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! I love how you arrange the manniquins in the first picture. So modern. And the eye catching colored lighting in the last set! Wow! Awesome photos. Makes me want to shop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Mistress! These are amazing. I hope you'll be able to share more work with us?? I had no idea this is what you did!! Very intresting

    ReplyDelete
  10. I envy you and your creativiness!

    Here the time of the window shopping is reduced to real shopping. I remember times we went to out just for looking at the windows in the big stores. Decorated with fairy themes or animated pets, or the real high brow couture fashion. I'm glad your store lets you do the artistic things. Nowadays in 90 percent of stores all you will find are displays of boring empty and flat displays - no lovely stories- only commerce.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know when I'm in your store I always thinks how great looking it is and the things you guys come up with, and every season, always blows me away! Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to admit that living in and near Manhattan all my life has made this part of New York a tourist trap for me. Like going to the top of the Empire State Building ... something you only do ONLY when you are hosting a guest from out of town.

    But I love seeing it through your eyes. Such fantastic photographs and I can't believe they took the whip away! I guessing you brought it home?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post. I'm inspired to take more strolls around the stores now.I need to stop and look at window displays more often. I think most of us have no idea how long these take to put in place. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow ...everytime I think you have reached the limit of creativity you come up with something else.
    Great pictures. I don't know where all your ideas come from. I don't think I'm creative at all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Batina9/25/2010

    gorrrrrgeous! I think you have my dream job mistress! I love the candlestick on the wall, I wonder if I could do that in my house somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for taking me along sort of. I am so wishing for one of those Marc Jacobs bags. I would love to be in your mind, but I guess we sort of are with your blog! What a neat way to make a living.

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my goodness Mistress! What a feast for the eyes. Your job must be so much fun and your work is always so neat to see. Talents in and out of the......

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah so your the one who does all the neat over the top visuals in the stores. I always though that must be a intresting job.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those last four pictures are incredible! I wouldn't even know where to start on a display. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love these Maddie. You are truly gifted. My favorites were the last five. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous4/29/2011

    My partner and I really enjoyed reading this weblog publish, I was just itching to know do you commerce featured posts? I'm always looking for someone to make trades with and merely thought I'd ask.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!