Monday, October 11, 2010

Dinning At Pod



The Mistress and Boy-Toy had company this weekend with our visiting friend V, and what a better time to head to Philadelphia as the weather couldn't have been more beautiful with the typical Autumn weather temperatures. We spent most of the weekend relaxing and just throwing back some lovely cock-a-tails at Tabu, but the highlight was dinner at one of my favorite places, Pod. The Boy Toy decided it would be a early birthday surprise, never mind ya, my birthday isn't till the end of the month!!! Anywho,Pod is Philadelphia restaurant impresario and trendsetting restaurateur Stephen Starr's retro-modern offering, located in the town's "University City" neighborhood,and lets its guests sip sake, beer, gin and juices, and colored cocktails while munching on fresh sushi, dim sum, and Pan-Asian entrees. The hip, contemporary, "star ship-like" space was conceptualized by famed Manhattan designer David Rockwell The interior of Pod is nothing less than futuristic! And the food? Wonderful and melts right in your mouth.




This oval-shaped sushi bar has a conveyor belt that delivers the freshly prepared sushi. Above the sushi bar, a large, screen shows non-stop video clips.






This is just some of the food selections. And Pod didn't disappoint.




After dinner, I visited the men's' room for a quick peak! The hallway and doors all glowed yellow!?!


And unlike other places where your don't know which stall rooms are taken, at Pod they have these nifty color detectors.The lit up symbol for not occupied.


Pink for taken.


It was sooooooo good I'm ready to go back already!!!!! Tootles!

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fabulous place, but those "loo" indicators scare me.
    I might just have to hold it til I get home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ambiance is fantastic. I will be visiting here when I get to Philly again soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl I love me just a bit of Pod! And it is always busy as hell!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ambiance is pretty energetic, so it may not be the best place for an intimate evening unless you can score one of the three Pods that give the place it's namesake. Go! I love this place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool! I'd love to go there some day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is a cool place. I like this place a lot. The interiors are neat, the bar looks cool, and the constant anime (or daft punk videos) playing on the screen behind the sushi bar is awesome. Great place for a date if you don't mind the noise.

    Drinks-wise, the sake mojitos are banginace!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great DECOR! Looks like the place will take off any minute! You sure do have some intresting places to dine there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool place to go! I don't think I ever saw a place so sleek looking before. We have to come to Philly again and stay longer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg, Pod sounds amazing, i wanna go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. looks very intersting, and some sake, dim sum, and sushi sounds devine :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That place looks great! The food sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great interior to this place! I'm waiting for Austin Powers to walk in!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mistress, I can't get enough of this damn place! The service and mood is always good! And talk about a nice looking group of men who dine here!!!! Music is soooooo groovey!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!