Sunday, October 17, 2010

Feeling Like Autumn



Now it looks like Autumn is finally arriving in Philadelphia. Although the leaves are only beginning to change their color, the temperatures over the weekend were very cool and crisp with lots of sun. The Mistress was away out of town again to Harrisburg to celebrate her friend J's birthday with cock-a-tails and lots of dancing! Good times! The only problem was the guest of honor disappeared by the end of the night and the Mistress felt like she was hit by a truck!!! And after three hours of dancing my legs feel like they got a huge work out, and my cha-cha heels are trashed!I also visited with a family friend who just purchased a huge home. The Mistress is going to help her with the interior design and give her some idea on making it a home. What a beautiful home it is. I arrived back home today and took Buster Bolfig Borghese for a walk around the grounds to see some of the color of the leaves.Buster really enjoys the leaves, especially when they start to pile up.






From all the dancing and the long walk, I'm just a hurting puppy! After the walk, it was just chilly enough for me to come in and make some Spiced Cider. So I got all my fix ins to begin.



I use Williams-Sonoma cider and mulled spices in a sauce pan and simmer it for about a half hour.



And since they don't make Ladies Jack, I use just a pinch of Gentleman's Jack!!!



And that's how you make cider spiced! It does tend to give a nice buzz! And it will warms you up very nicely. Now cuse me while a drink my poison and enjoy a soak in the tub! Tootles. OHHHH, I'm buzzzzed.

15 comments:

  1. 36 degrees here this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love a snifter of something hot and liquored up.
    I keep trying to put Carlos in a snifter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10/18/2010

    Oh, Mistress, I am SO looking forward to the cooler temps of Autumn, especially since I'll be back in NYC in a couple weeks. Can't wait for the move. Can't wait for the city, the people, the food. Ohhhhhh...the FOOD!

    That Buster is cuuuuuuuuuuute! Reminds me of my dog Jake that I had when I was a kid. They look just alike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a beautiful weekend wasn't it? I loved mulled cider, but that looks like a huge pinch Mistress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful… what’s better than East Coast in the fall? Not much, I say! And I will be right over with cider like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful. Like they say, “The best things in life are free”. You cannot put a price on the beauty of mother nature. Sounds like a great weekend. Are you recovered yet? I'm doubting it with a acider like that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AMAZING. Absolutely amazing falls are in the east! And Buster looks like he enjoys it also. Now about that cider.....yummy and mind altering it looks to be!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous photos. My husband and I have just returned from the southern tip of Maine. Speechless is all I can say. Our camera is worn out from overuse! And we too enjoyed some hot spiked cider!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, for as much as we drink, I have never had a hot cider with whiskey!!!! I know, shocking!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hmmmmmmmmmmmm,fall fuel. Mmm. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love the colors!! beautiful! And I hope you stayed out of too much trouble this weekend epsecially with drinks like the one above!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous pictures! I felt like climbing right through my computer to come over for a visit with a drink like that. :)

    I love fall too... but don't feel ready for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photos, Mistress! Love the one of your dog in the grass! Fall is awesome. It's so beautiful. There is something aboutthe cooler temps and all the sweaters! And I won't turn down a hot toddy either!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love fall too. I recently moved out of my house to downsize, so this fall is the first time I'm not raking in almost a decade, but it used to take hours every week to stay on top of it. The leaves became my greatest nemesis. Feel good now that I'm in a apratment complex. And that drink? AWESOME. Were you still standing?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like another weekend of debachery for you!!! I think I would like the east coast in the fall but then it would be back to the west for sure when the snow started. And the cider must have been a stiff one! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!