Tuesday, October 5, 2010

At the The Pomme Cafe with Mame





As you know Mame and myself spent the weekend having a girls weekend and it was just a fabulous time. And another thing we have in common is eating!!! Since the weekend was cooler with a slight nip to it, it was the perfect night for some good ole French comfort food so we settled in on one of the newest joints in Astoria, the Pomme Cafe. We really enjoyed ourselves. Pomme Cafe is a local french style brasserie, located in the heart of Astoria. The classical french style decor and ambiance sets a relaxed atmosphere, to make the customers feel at home. Tasty ingredients result in heart warming savory french cuisine, at an affordable cost. When the bill came I couldn't believe my eyes! They had an extensive selection of fine wines and spirits, imported beers and specialty house made drinks filled their late night bar menu. We started off with a house speciality cock-a-tail, a Champagne punch! YUM. Plus some shots of the decor.






I for the love of God can't remember what Mame had for dinner, probably a dinner of just alcohol!!!! I started with a cheese sampler platter and for my dinner a melt in your mouth Boueuf Bourguigon with carrots, potatoes and onions. OH.MY.GOD!



After we were done dinning we passed on dessert, we needed to have room for the cock-a-tails back at David's place and the ones at the Urges! And no go-go boy wants to flirt with two over stuffed queens! After all, we do have fabulous figures to maintain. On the way back I couldn't resist taking a picture of this wine bar that just opened around the corner from Mame's!!!!!!



May have to have a look see on the next trip up there. I do like my wine, although most of the time I'm having a gingasm!!!!! Tootles!

13 comments:

  1. Pomme Cafe IS a nice place, isn't it??

    FYI: I had the "Croque-Monsieur with Pommes Frites" - which is just a fancy French way of saying I had a Grilled Ham & Cheese with a side of Fries. Which I ate with a FORK, like a lady...

    XOXOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. That restaurant looks divine! I'm sure it made you happy -- and speaking of which, there's a Happy 101 Award for you over at my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous pictures!
    And a Winegasm?
    How fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of these dyas we will all have to booze it up together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10/06/2010

    I would love to visit this place! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally, good French food in Astoria.We had a wonderful meal there when it opened up, frisee salad with poached egg, butternut squash soup, goat cheese, sun dried tomato ravioii, duck confit, steak frites, moules frites, wild mushroom risotto and for dessert the cheesecake and apple tart. Meredith our waitress was great, the chef came out to speak with us, I'd go back! And those cocktails look super!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Croque-Monsieur!!! I need to try this place when I get back up there! Girl you should start to good living blog I swear!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love French places.I woke up with a hangover and a French cafe may have been an odd choice for a hangover breakfast, but it turned out great. They actually have a dish called 'the Hangover' which was exactly what I needed. Eggs, potatoes, sausage, cheese, were there nuts and raisins in there too? I don't remember, but it was fantastic. Oh, and love the Winegasm place, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Winegasm? I love it. I always wanted to open up a place called orgasm, but food would not be on the menu!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that sounded like a nice time. I've never had French Cuisine, but your meal sounds delish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I looked at the menu of course, and it is reasonably priced. I'd have had what you did or the salmon. For lunch I'd have had the cobb salad. I could eat there often since there were several dishes I'd enjoy there. Like the atmosphere. So many restaurants, so little time!

    I'm so glad you post the links to the restaurants. It's fun to look around and to read the menus.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!