Sunday, October 24, 2010

Some Frightful Characters



Last night before heading out for some cock-a-tails and fun I decided to take Buster Bolfig Borghese for a walk in Lambertville to go see the Tim Burton house. Not really Tim Burton's house but the lady who lives there every year, has a Halloween display that would make Froggy over joyed! It sort of reminds me of the Nightmare Before Christmas come to life. I have talked with the owner before and she used to be a art teacher at the high school there. She started to make these creatures years ago and usually adds a new one each year. Most of them are made from tree branches, twigs, and paper mache. Then paints them and give them life by giving them each their distinctive looks and wardrobes! At night she has black light on them so they appear to glow, and some even have glowing eyes. You wouldn't believe the crowds that gather to see the spectacle. They are very neat to see. I took these last night, but with my flash you lose the glowing affect. I just love the one with the glowing cigarette below. I guess she would be the socialite of the group huh? The one above I believe was her first darling she created. The owner also has a signed book for purchase for tourist. You can click on the picture to embiggin to see detail.




Love the queen of the creatures sitting here with her chamber maid and her pets. Her eyes were even glowing orange. And in the next picture the twins are almost adorable.







The fat little lady sitting here is also a favorite of mine. The owner even as dry ice to create a mist. And how about the one flying in behind her. Creepy!





18 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Those are really amazing! Thanks for posting the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before reading what you had written I looked through the pics...and glad to see I correctly identified the Tim Burton influence! These are remarkable - in a good way! I wish I were that creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How unique, and yes, very Tim Burton. Love It.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look very Tim Burton-ish.
    Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the skeletal rabbit! All the figures are wonderful, in their own ways.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, very cool! Some people are so creative with their decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How neat these are! I don't think I ever saw anything like them! I'm just glad I don't live next door, they would scare me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is like a Tim Burton creation come to life isn't? I don't think I have a creative bone in my body like this woman. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing pictures! And they even gave me some ideas for my costume this year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both are creepy and wonderful!! That's just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW.This is an awesome Halloween display Mistress...with lots of fabulous elements...I wonder how long it take her to set up?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! What beautiful pieces and such a fabulous ideas for next year. I love too how she has them dressed! The childern in the neighborhood must really enjoy seeing this Halloween night!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So...these are what I heard calling my name? :) Fabulous post Mistress, thanks for sahring these works of art!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The ghost family dancers are perfect!!! But I too enjoy the fat ladt sitting in the mist. The one that is mostly all sticks with the head is just plain scary as hell!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE the second shot and the one that looks like a haunted rabbit! But how damn creative over all!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ok, I have to admit these are pretty cool, but if I lived there I would be so scared shitless to walk pass that house! I'm not a fan of Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are stunning!!!!!!!!....I never get tired of seeing creative things in your neck of the woods. I think I love the twins! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think the Munsters would LOVE this place!!!! That is just so neat to see in person I bet! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!