Monday, December 27, 2010

Back Home....With Snow and Ice



How was every body's Christmas! Well the Mistress spent a lovely time with her even more colorful family. It was nice to see alot of my aunt and uncle's family and we enjoyed our traditional cosmopolitans and roast beef dinner with Yorkshire Pudding. I'm sure I over ate. And for dessert my uncle is famous for his delish, mind altering egg nog! Between the cosmos, the red wine with dinner, and the egg nog, we were one loud family, and a few of us even danced with lampshades on our heads, to the dismay of my aunt! Needless to say, everybody slept like babies from what I understand. And my mother and aunt even gave me some old photos of my great grandparents who I had never seen before on my mom's side. Very cool and thoughtful gifts that I'll always treasure. But yesterday was fun as the Mistress took off early due to the snow storm that gripped the east! I guess the Snow Miser decided we needed to get ours! I get very nervous in snow while driving. I can handle just fine, it's the others that worry me so. So I hooked up the moose and took the sleigh instead!!!!! So, the Mistress in currently enjoying a day off with a blanket, candles and so left over egg nog to keep warm. And speaking of cold, snow and ice check out these in demand ice sculptors. Father and son team, Takeo and Shintaro Okamoto, of Okamoto Studios. How amazing are these?






Another thing that is amazing is that ice sculptor, Shintaro Okamoto has also created a fabulous collection of ice bowls for reception tables for cold foods to stay cold. How genius and stunning to look at. I so want one.






Excuse me now. I think I need to go find a warm sweater to put on after seeing these. Tootles!

15 comments:

  1. Amazing photo! That is some real talent! Glad to hear you got back safe darling. Did you guys really dance with lampshades on your heads? You never know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a fun Christmas. I need to try some of that mind altering egg nog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love the photos! Glad to hear you had festive festivities :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you made it back and in one piece! I was home todat too, but it was because my big ass couldn't take the winds! Beautiful ice designs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your are too much! Your family sounds like a riot like you. I was off today too. We could have had a slumber party! Cool designs here too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool post! I have always wanted to try my hand at ice scpulture but only got as far as ice cubes! Your family sounds like a trip Mistress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that's the way to spend Christmas...with family and food and good spirits! And I would sooo believe you came back in a moose drawn sleigh!!!!! At least you got back safe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Waht a fun post Mistress, your a nut! I think you should have a ice party and you can be the Snow Queens. Just think, shots in ice glasses!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lamp shade dancing??? LOL! You guys must have had a real good time! And how cool is the ice chandlier? Very cool site he has, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear you had a great time! I hope you recieved my gift of snow for you Mistress. I figrued you could use some!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, luv them Mistress!
    I want them at my wedding!!
    First thing first...need to get me a nice hubby! One with a good job is a BIG plus!! wink*

    ReplyDelete
  12. What talent! Their sculptures are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mistress! How many tines have I told you to not drink and drive a sleigh!!!! I'm over this weather already, but I love the ice art!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have seen the art ice of this artist and it is amazing! The details is just right on! So glad you made it baCK and in one piece.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you made it home, and the family pictures truly are a treasure.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!