Sunday, December 12, 2010

Hoilday Shopping with The Mistress

Well, here it is, this great holiday shopping season and the Mistress hadn't even started yet! The only thing I really did all weekend was go to the spa. Which was great. And relaxing. It was also like a scene from The Women, listening to all the upper crust women of our fair hamlet talk about who was doing what and the "Oh, did you hear that Eileen.... yea, that's what I heard!" All I have to say is thank-God gay men don't gossip! Anywhore, I though I really should start my holiday shopping. So being all relaxed, I went right to it!



So I quick daunt up the road to New Hope is my favorite shop, Fine Wine and Good Spirits! Every time I go there it's like being greeted by old friends! And the employees are great too! And ever so helpful. And the free sampling is so much fun at the wine bar in back. After a half dozen samples I set in to the shopping.



The Mistress's personal favorite stiffener of choice-GIN! And Tangaray make this delish concoction called Rangpur! Why it is so smooth, you don't even have to add tonic or lime. It's already in there! I did get a bottle I have to admit!



Baileys always makes for a nice warm me up in coffee or hot chocolate. And it makes a great gift! And a personal note on the shelf below, the Baja Luna is excellent severed very chilled and done as a shot!



Then that brought me to the Schnapps aisle. It was really like seeing old friends! And how over the years the flavors have multiplied.




That brings us to the lovely wine section. I have to admit they have a decent selection of wine, and since I was in need I did pick up a few bottles! I like my wine like my men- Argentian!



Ahhhhhhh, the great Russian beverage-Vodka! And did you know that Sky now makes a great ginger infused vodka great for a ginger sidecar? Trying to pick just one was a feat!



And how can one forget the old faithful-Rum! They have two full aisles of the wonderful drink and it make a great gift, who doesn't like a nice bottle of Rum. And one to have on hand. After spending a good 45 minutes in there I came out with a nice full trolley. And lets just say the silk purse was bitching. And you know what? I didn't get one damn gift for anyone on my list! But at least I was in a good mood the rest of the weekend. Tootles!

16 comments:

  1. Sounds like you'll have to do your Xmas shopping ALL OVER AGAIN next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginger vodka?! It's about time I was duly recognized with my own libation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you see my old friend Rumplemintz in your travels? Very good in some hot chocolate.

    Rangpur is most excellent; a coworker got me hooked on the stuff. And yes, all it needs is some ice.

    As for the Skyy, that wonderful San Francisco concoction, I was able finally to locate two -- yes, two stores -- with the ginger infused loveliness this morning. (Because yes, in California we can buy liquor on Sundays. And the liquor stores open at 9 AM.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Did I tell ya I'm glad your back! you and this post are funny as hell! And what a very nice looking spirit store! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a complete trip! I would love to spend just one day with you! You can be my Karen Walker!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your too much! I love these little tours. And I too love Tanagray Ranguer. But the Ginger vodka is soooo good !I tried it at an art opening, and I was blown away. Definitely great stuff... can't wait until it's distributed to a wider market. It's sort of hard to find at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mistress, you are to damn much! LOL! Well at least someone is going to have a good time! That place is swank girl, for a liquors store!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a store that is! The ones on jersey look like dumps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mistress, I can just see ya, sweating bullets over what to get and then it's all for you! You are too much, but I'm the same way when Christmas shopping.ne for them , one for me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A trolley? Just how much did you buy! When you go it must be like going to the grocery store. No?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhhhh, I should have known Mrs Walker! When I scrolled down and saw the picture I just roared! I think my roommates think I'm nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous12/13/2010

    Oh, yes. 'Tis the season for cordials. Think I'll buy a bottle of Bailey's today. Or maybe rum for the egg nog, or is it whiskey? I don't know. All I know is mostly wine. Throw a good bottle of Pinot Noir at me, and I'll be your lover!

    Here's to a swishy holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL! yOU ARE TOO DAMN FUNNY AND A LUSH! You need to start doing videos in drag and start filming talkie blogs! I think I'd wet myself.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mistress this would make for a very funny video blog! I can see it now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You drunken whore you! Ginger vodka? What are you drinking now?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I should have known!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!