Monday, December 20, 2010

A Week of Bloggers and Stiffners!



How can you see with all that light!!! It seems the Mistress as got into the warmth of the holiday season alot already. And there is still Christmas and New Years yet! And I have also been everywhere at once it seems. It started last week with fellow blogger and friend Howard from over at Soundtrack To My Day invited me to Manayunk, a district of Philadelphia to see a music act, the very talented Garrin Benfield, who was to be at the Grape Room. Manayunk looked beautiful too with the street looking like a Christmas town!



I also walked under this sign of a brassiere shop.I thought could you imagine if that thing fell and hit the Mistress? The authorities would have to tell the Mistress's mother that her baby boy was struck down by a over sized boulder holder!



Then it was on to the Grape Room and see Howard and Garrin Benfield. And of course some ice cold draft!





And isn't Howard just beaming here with singer/songwriter Garrin?


Thanks again Howard for a wonderful night of fun, and to Garrin for the autographed cd!!!! Friday after baking cookies all day I met a friend for dinner and to go see the Christmas village in Philadelphia. Of course it being so cold out, their was even more warm stiffeners being served up. Christmas Village in Philadelphia is an outdoor Holiday Bazaar event at Dilworth Plaza on the west side of City Hall from Thanksgiving till Christmas Eve. Vendors in more than 80 wooden booths and a big tent form a nice little village that sell European food, sweets and drinks as well as international seasonal holiday gifts, ornaments and high quality arts and crafts. The village also has special themed weekends and numerous musical performances and caroling going on. We also went to see the Love Park tree.






I also heard the cast of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia was there to promote the release of the Christmas dvd. I love that show, do you watch it? It is one of the funniest sitcoms on now I think, but I missed them. Would have been neat to get to see them.



But Sunday was definitely a Mame moment for me. ohhhhhhhh was I hung something terrible. The Mistress traveled to New Jersey to stay with one of her commenter's to attend a going away party for a another commenter, friend, and ex-coworker, the adorable Mistress Maddie's #1 Fan. He is leaving the big apple to the snow storm city of Minneapolis. So not only did we attend the party, but then lounge and club hopped till around 3. If that wasn't bad enough, we then went to a champagne brunch the next morning. If you know the Mistress it's no easy feat for me to get up early being hung over, just to start all over again. And then the group wanted to go to a tea dance- but alas, the Mistress had had enough of the hooch and cute boys, and even the lure of seeing Lady Bunny wasn't enough for me to stay for the rest of the day, and headed home to the comfy confines of her own home and bed, where I could just get comfortable and walk around in my undies and have a date with my sofa! Thank God I'm off today, I need more to time to recover! But again, DJ, I wish you all the success and best wishes for a new life on your sojourn to Minneapolis. You will be missed. Tootles!

18 comments:

  1. NO! "the Mistress had had enough of the hooch and cute boys, and even the lure of seeing Lady Bunny wasn't enough for me to stay" -- are you coming down with a Christmas flu? OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous you got to hang out with Howard!!!

    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never cease to amaze me with your antics! Looks like you had a wonderful weekend though. And is Garrin from out this way? His name sounds very famliar?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it looks like your in the holiday spirit for sure! Philadelphai is so pretty at Christmas, and for those not finding anything to see or do are doing something wrong. And I don't know how you do it. After three drinks my head hurts something awful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. alright Mistress, we are hanging out sometime when you come down, of course, reading this makes my big ass worn out! You are so damn nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy you did have a long weekend huh! Well thanks for coming to the soriee and for a great send off! It wouldn'thave been the same if you didn't come. I'll be in touch and see you here of course! Are you still recovering?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to plan a trip there soon but not in the cold! very nice weekend there and can we get the details about the boys! And if you passed up Lady Bunny you must have been hung! And your sister David did a post on it! Have you seen it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mistress your going to be wiped out by Christmas!!! Oh to be young again! I don't know where you find time to get it all done and then work! And I believe I read Howard's blog. Very good source of music! What a great evening it was I bet

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I'd say you did alot over the weekend Mistress. I swear one never knows what your going to get into next!!! Very pretty pictures of the area too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that show It's Always Sunny. I wondered how much they filmed there. And how does one still look as good after all these years of parties! You still look the same and have a happy holiday honey!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, if I ever travel threw Philly we are so hanging out! If I can keep up that is. Love the pictures, how festive

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah to have your life....my liver hurts just thinking about! It was a weekend to remember thats for sure. And I can't get enough of that show! Have you ever got to see them?

    ReplyDelete
  13. My little old head is just spinning from all the activity! Your are something my dear! Why do I picture you in a robe with caribou slippers?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tis the season to be drunk!!! I too had two parties to tend and one to perform......I'm still recovering.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad to see you survived the weekend! The Mistress is always a good time and tour guide! Cali-Boi you should visit New York soon. The Mistress always aims to please! And I wouldn't mind seeing the christmas village.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How cool! I was just in Manayunk for a concert of sorts to play the volin! I should send you some dates to come see me play. But it sounds like a whirl wind weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. And it was lovely hanging out with you, my dear Maddie, with good drinks, great music, and fun conversation. We will definitely have to do this again!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How neat! It sounded as if you both had a good time.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!