Monday, June 27, 2011

Moving on...with Help From Ivanka Trump



I can't believe it's Monday already! The weekend flew by, and what a mixed bag of emotions over the weekend. For the Mistress's readers out there, you will recall the Mistress and the Boy-Toy called it quits after over tens years together when the love affair ended back in October. It was a positive thing, and we are still really good friends, more like family now. But he was still living at the Casa du Borghese since then. Alot has changed. The Boy-Toy left his job in politics and now works at a pr firm in downtown Philly and found a lovely apartment in the gayborhood near the antique district. So this weekend he moved out with the help of the Mistress, her house boys, and our good DC friend Patty Passaround. And of course Ivanka Trump. Not her per say, but from her shipment boxes I got from the store. I'm such a queen!!! Friday was spent packing, one thing the Mistress can do well! She got all his belongings packed while he and Patty were at the new place painting the walls with a first coat. Saturday was the move in the heat. And I didn't know till we got down in town that he was on the fourth floor of a townhouse!!! Did I mention I packed the boxes heavy? And there were four flights of stairs? And narrow halls? I thought oh shit! And we got a work out that's all I'll say. It wasn't a pretty picture of our wet shirts. We should have entered a wet tee shirt contest at one of the gay bars down there!!! It was a bit odd to see the boxes in the living room. Closure at last. Now we can move on to our new chapters. The Mistress meanwhile is now the head Mistress at the Casa and Patty asked when the turn style would be installed. She thinks she is soooo funny.




Since the Boy-Toy doesn't have his furniture yet, she gave up her favorite vintage Adirondack beach chair so he would at least have somewhere to sit. I also gave him the tables from the living room and a assortment of accessories to decorate with. Of course it being so hot, the Mistress broke in the chair first to take a break with a beer or two!



After what seemed like forever, we finally got everything up the damn stairs, and we also finished painting his bedroom, while Patty got his ceiling fan installed which will help cool that top floor apartment. Here is the view just outside of the Boy-Toys window.



Just down at the end of the block is this antique shop with these beautiful glass vases in the window. Hmmmmmmmmmm, these may be nice looking at the Casa, just perfect on the bedroom dresser.



After we were done moving we went and grabbed dinner and headed back to the Casa for showers and then went out to unwind in New Hope at the Raven resort. We must have been insane. The Mistress hit a wall around 1:30 which is rare for the Mistress to hang a evening up so early, and was looking at the back of her eyelids by 2! Even thought the Mistress has been "seeing" a couple men since the October split up, and her and the Boy-Toy are still good friends, it now feels like closure finally with all loose ends now tied up, and we can both move on with our lives. I think it will be alittle odd to come home to a quiet place and not see the Boy-Toy after all these years, but I'm sure the house boys will brighten my time. And the Casa is a little empty looking in parts. Reminds me of Mame Dennis's Beekmans Place after things got repossessed from the bank when she took a hit from the stock crash. Now the Mistress is already starting the re-decorating plans of the Casa du Borghese and starting this new chapter!!!!! Tootles!

25 comments:

  1. But.........what about that turnstyle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, kind of bittersweet, I'm sure. But onwards and upwards! Hope you didn't pull any crucial muscles while hauling all those heavy boxes up four flights of stairs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got about a third of the house packed up for The Great Flood reno (which STILL has not started) but not nearly as elegantly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I m sure all the boys will watch out for you! But what a exciting time for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea the BoY-Toy was still there. Well I wish you both much luck in your new lives Mistress. But the re-decorating could be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA! Love the Mame reference! I wish you both much good wishes with the new chapters. And how nice you are both able to stay friends. LOVE THE BOXES!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So it's a done deal now huh? And you in your own place now Mistress! I too wondered if a turn style would be installed,lol! I wish you happy times with your new start.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is always so hard to move away. It's good your still good friends, but you should move apart because of future men that will enter your lives. You guys will miss each other but at least your not far. And what of the turn style?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let it too the hostess with the mostess to get the move done so elegantly! And you already have some beaus after you? But 10 years is quite the thing to be proud of!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would wish you luck, but I don't think you will need it? Dores the mean the end of the stories of the Boy-Toy? Not that we aren't enjoy the stories already. And Bob, I have already ordered the Mistress a turn style for a house warming!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a great place, but sorry to hear about the split! But at least you'll always be friends. And now all the stories of the Mistress's may men,lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well good luck to you Mistress! Sounds like you both are in a good place. Love those vases honey!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Girl it was hot as hell Saturday! To be carrying things three flights! Well best wishes to both of you on your new journeys! And do we get before and after pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! I had no idea it was 10 years! I don't know if I would ever have that! But on with the new life. And I only live around the corner on spruce in a brownstone! How weird!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well does this mean I can get you to give me some design advice? But your right this will give you closure to move on,even though you two have already. A pretty exciting time coming!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now honey you keep proper decorum. Don't go run out with the first tom dick and hairy. What? I'm too late. Oh well, much luck to you both! And at least the knickerbocker bank didn't take your belongings!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gald to hear all went well. And where did you ever find that chair! I love it! I too live downtown so maybe one day I'll catch a glimpse of the Mistress!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hate moving can I tell ya? But it is now done and your still friends which is nice. You two will always have a bond. And I so need to have that chair! I can see the Mistress sitting in it with a huge wide brim on!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad you're "framily" with the B-T. It is bittersweet in ways and one of those ending/beginning events. Got your text while I was asleep other night. Keep me posted. Hugs!! xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  20. The end of a era! Boest wishes to you both! And I love the neat pack job. Are you for hire?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Does this mean I can stay at the Casa now if I come to Philly? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So everything is all wrapped up now huh? Well you both will go on, but at least you will always have that place for each other, but I wonder what you will do with the place? Can'y wait to see. And the boxes? Really? Ivanka Trump and not Prada?

    ReplyDelete
  23. A bittersweet change I'm sure Maddie, but it also has to be an exciting time for you. I'm glad you could at least still be friends. Often that makes it easier, well, when you aren't living together anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Best of luck to you althought from what I hear it isn't needed! And when is the Madame Borghese's next appearance in the city?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anonymous7/07/2011

    Let me just say, The Mistress is True Royalty for lending her support in this endeavor! I know first-hand these times are far from easy, but doing as you did was true to your spirit, further defines you as a "Class Act", and if my guess is right -you wouldn't have had it any other way! Am I right here -or what??? I am "Best Friends Like Brothers" w/ my first ex ...for 25years now! People change, choose different paths, want different things... True Friends know that -and Exceptional People like you will be there when it counts. May you be blessed w/ The Divine which karma has coming your way!!! Hugs 2 U!!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!