Monday, October 17, 2011

Seasonal Decor Touches

I hope everybody had a wonderful weekend!!! I had a fairly relaxing one with a trip to the market, hosted a intimate horror movie slumber night with cock-a-tails and nibbles, complete with a next day hangover!!! But all and all, a lovely time had by all! Last week I got in the mood for the season finally and did some season decor changes. I always like to do just a minor touch of holiday decorating to celebrate each season, and fall is my second favorite to do! I always had fond memories in the fall. I even whipped up a batch of mulled cider for my guest. I thought I'd share some of the touches this year. My apothecary jars are always my favorite to see what I can come up with. I even brought Millicent back out to perch on a gourd! I think she may even end up in my costume this year. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....






Remember these from from we were all small? This belonged to my grandmother. I always put it out since it brings back memories of Halloween of yester year!



A gourd I got in New Hope some years back. It has been hollowed out and made to look like a quail.



Over the weekend I got the idea to carve a small pumpkin and then use some spray adhesive to coat and then covered it in a orange glitter! Turned out cute, no? I even placed a small battery operated tea lite on the inside since it's so small.



Now..... to get finished on the costume!!!

18 comments:

  1. That wee glitter pumpkin is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very seasonal and pretty and I loves fall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the jars.
    The bird might give me the heebie-jeebies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10/17/2011

    GLITTER PUMPKIN!

    omg I want one now!

    How did you get to be so fabulous? Was it natural? Did you just spring forth like Venus from the forehead of a god?

    Thank you for the fantastic decorating idea!

    hugs darling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10/17/2011

    I love the pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Mistress, it looks so festive and fall like! I just wish I had your creative mind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Millicent may end up in your costume? I can't wait to see this!!!! Beautiful touches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh how festive!!!! And your not going to make a black bird pie are you???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea with the pumpkin! So like when are you going to become the gay Martha Stewart??? And I see you in the mirror!!! wink!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where do you get this talents? I love the touches and ther light up figurerine does remind me of when I was young!!!! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Mistress name you fee...your hired honey!!!! William won't even know!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you all!!!!!

    Craigery- Your too kind, but please don't compare me to Venus!!! Althought our love for ONE thing, we have in common!!!!! Love and men, ok two things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Mistress, you do have such a seasonal festive place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice! Love that pumpkin girl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for you to come decorate me house!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish I could do things like this. I need a class...and some class.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous10/19/2011

    Oh, I was thrilled to catch your reflection there M!!! How inspiring you are with this creative talent of yours! ...and let me guess ...Tippi Hedren à la Bodega Bay??? ...wink!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Creative and lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!