Sunday, October 9, 2011

Some Cultured Pearls



The Mistress is still getting caught up with blogging and reading them. After being gone this weekend again, more later, I'm still running behind. While completing duties for work last week in Chevy Chase, it was off directly in the towne car to meet up with the Prince Charming for a evening at the Metropolitan Museum of Art for a event. It was hosting a South African Wine Tasting, with dinner and a evening of art, and the Prince Charming knew it would be up my alley. You'd had to go to Anna Wintour's Costume Institute Ball to find more dapper gays at the Metropolitan Museum than the comely crowd that assembled last Friday night for the Upper East Side institution's wine event.The event seemed to be a smash, but who was I to complain, when I'm being plyed with South African drink. We tasted seven reds alone and various white wines, listened to a great presentation and music, and met several interesting people including a lady visiting from Sweden.








We were even sober enough to take in some African art in the wing.





Getting up Saturday it was off to Harrisburg to catch up with the family. The Aunt and Uncle had invited the Mother and I to the Whitaker Center after dinner to see the talent and stylings of the Juillard String Quartet. What a treat it was. The Juilliard String Quartet continues its vibrant tradition of music-making and education in the 2011/12 season, with Joseph Lin as its new first violinist and colleague on the faculty of The Juilliard School. The Quartet will appear worldwide in prestigious venues, including pairs of concerts in New York City Philadelphia and Harrisburg, at the Ravinia Festival, at Stanford University, and abroad in Berlin, Munich, London, Tokyo, Osaka and Macau, China. It was a good evening.


19 comments:

  1. You forgot the part where you left the affair & headed for some dive to have a gin or seven.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a glorious weekend!!! You certainly have been on the move, you leave me breathless! Looks so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your a hard one to catch up with I say! So glad you enjoyed the quartet! They are so talented! And of course Im partial to the cellist!!! The wine tasting looks like a great time. That Prince treats you right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wally, honey, don't be giving all my secrets out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling, now this is my and Williams kind of weekend. Nothing like the fall, when symphony sesaon, mulled cider and the fur breaks out of the vaults!!! The Juilliard is a very talented group and I have seen them plenty. As far as the Met, they always do a wonderful event!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Next time can we make it a threesome? I would love to come along!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl yous is wearing me out!!!! And making me look bad by not doing much! What a great time you have been having though! When are you coming back in town?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I swear, you are all over the place! Yes, I think you are going to need a month to relax after this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are a good Mistress is go and support the arts! But now where are the after details with the Prince?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10/09/2011

    Oh, that Prince is a keeper!!! ...such a wonderful variety of cultured fun! So glad you shared this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love a good weekend of live music of some kind, it's good for the senses and soul!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "You'd had to go to Anna Wintour's Costume Institute Ball to find more dapper gays" You crack me up girl! Nice time spent none the less. Your wearing me out honey!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I hope you had your white gloves and good pearls on?

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've had so much fun so far, so don't let it stop now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you are having a blast with the Prince. What a creative date. And the Qartet looked like a great time too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how fun Mistress! Looks like last weekend was a big success. YAY! I don't know if you're ready for some down time or not, but I am loving the boy escapades recaps. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can I be your luggage?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Eric- you can come along anytime, but I don't know I could carry you and those muscules!!!!


    Bryon-welcome to the casa honey, and please stop by again for a refreshment!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Maddie, seeing all the culture you took in, I'm glad you neglected us a bit. Glad you are well and having lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!