Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Amy Winehouse-Our Day Will Come



As you know I was a huge fan of Amy Winehouse, still am. So no surprise I love her new release, Our Day Will Come" which was a popular song composed by Bob Hilliard and Mort Garson which was a #1 hit in 1963 for Ruby & The Romantics. And now it is being released again by it's latest performer Amy Winehouse. In edition to Someone to Watch Over Me, Our Day will Come was also to be on her third studio release, along with the duet she did with Tony Bennett, but now it is the first single from her posthumous album Lioness: Hidden Treasures. The song was originally recorded for her first studio album, Frank but was shelved. The video is a montage of Winehouse throughout her career with clips from music videos, live performances and press coverage. My favorite version of this song was performed by the late great Julie London, but as usual, Amy does a pretty good job and puts her trademark sound on it! I'm really looking forward to the album.

17 comments:

  1. One of my favorite songs.
    One of my favorite songbirds.
    A perfect match.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that's a great photo of her on the album cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm shedding a little tear as we speak... A lovely rendition of a classic...

    ReplyDelete
  4. love amy Winehouse am going to miss hearing her and what she would have done

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's gone but she left us with a amazing gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Gosh, one of my favorite songs! I hear her two albums are excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THIS is why i loved and always love amy winehouse, she can sing the classics so well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That feels so good to hear her voice again along with a gin !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love this song.. dont know why

    ReplyDelete
  10. No one will ever replace that voice and personality (much of was invented by the media). What a lovely lady! Your music will live on forever

    ReplyDelete
  11. Her music will preserve her in our hearts and souls. I'm sure she'd be proud to see that we can see her for her true form as a musician than an addict, yet still use her addiction as a way to open people's eyes to seeing that addiction can affect anyone, even those who are incredibly strong, ambitious, and full of promise, like she was. While she didn't beat her addiction, she went out fighting it. Her spirit is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved this song before Amy sang it, but she (as always) added her own je ne sais quoi. Beautiful my dear, just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm with you. This is excellent and it is hard to top the version by Julie London.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not so much onto this music but I do love her voice, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll be looking forward to this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  16. God, what a terrific cover. I miss her so much.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!