Monday, November 21, 2011

A Mixed Bag of Ups and Downs



Well I hope everyone had a great weekend! I had a pretty good one myself, but you know me and Mondays!!! Last week was a very interesting one to say the least, and I hope this week is much more even, and straight ahead! Last week was full of ups and downs, and I'm not speaking of the Upstins' place from Auntie Mame! For every down last week, there was a up!

Downside. The last few weeks at work have been nuts trying to get the Christmas installation done so it was yet another long work week, Only 59 hours. The upside- the overtime, which is un-heard of in these times, is a very nice thing. Plus I also had a very nice review, my first since in my new position, so it meant even more money!

Downside.I went with out my car for a week. I had to drive the mother's very small car, which was very uncomfortable all week. The upside. Since I had my car in for inspection, they caught what could have been a major issue and the car is purring like a kitten.

Downside. I had just started seeing a new guy, a landscaper. It ended already.... because he thought I had a voracious sexual personality for him, so we will be just friends. I'm thinking is he sure he is gay? Upside. The good ole Lad is always right there.Even though he is 27, youth does have it's advantages like endurance and stamina! Not to mention a good nights sleep!!!



Downside. The other guy I was seeing, the Prince Charming got relocated with his job and is moving. Upside. We had a very nice going away dinner and we will always be friends and visit each other in our cities. Roadtrip!!!!!!

Downside. I meant to take it easy this weekend and did for the most part, but with the Lad here Friday night, and some running around the city, and some unexpected socializing it didn't quiet happen.



I was exhausted Saturday night and fell asleep early, missing my BBC comedies. Upside. Had Sunday to myself and got to see the Green Lantern.



With Ryan Reynolds. Who was hot as hell in the movie. And in his briefs. Is it wrong the rest of the night I had indecent thoughts of him in his Green Lantern garb and what he could do with me??? How much more upside could this get? This week will be back to normal now. I guess my message here is just when you think you been dealt a downside, there always comes a upside, when a door closes a window opens!!!!! Here's to a wonderful week for us all! Tootles!

12 comments:

  1. Anonymous11/21/2011

    Sounds like you had an interesting week. Hope the next one treats you better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan is ALL upside in my book.

    And so nice of you to put all the Downs in the Ups file!
    Positive thinking rules!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that you were able to find good in the bad that was happening and i agree Ryan Reynolds in that green lantern outfit is just plain HOT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, yeah Ryan did look pretty fine in that movie. That would make the whole week a up in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. After I read about the landscaper, I was going to ask if he was gay. A gay man passing up sex???? Great post. You do always have a positive attitude and happy outlook. Ryan, that man just make anything go upwards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the nice review!!!! I think the good and bad always even each other out.I do believe we are only dealt what we can handle. You do have a great outlook though! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How can anyone be too voracious??? LOL! Better off sounds like.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like all your downs were taken care of by the up swings! And yes, endurance and stamina are tow up to dating a youth!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice post and a lesson to keep a postive attitude! And yes Ryan looked to hot in that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice post! congrats on your review, hard work pays off! And you sooooo over sexed that guy,lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous11/23/2011

    There's always an uP-Side - If we keep our minds and hearts open! It's apparent you have a great mindset here... Sometimes a path is obstructed for good reason -perhaps one better not realized. Be of your essence always, and happiness follows. Congrats. on the review and great news! I'm knowing you deserve it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like your work is going great. I think it is important to keep an eye out for the ups because that is what keeps us going. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!