Monday, February 13, 2012

So Loooong... Yankee Girl......



Is it Monday again??? I could have used just one more day to relax, and un-wind from the weekend as I had food shopping and laundry to tend to after my impromptu trip last week down south, and a conjugal visit from the Lad....he insisted! Who was I to put up a fight? I'm a lover, not a fighter! It did, I'd admit, lift my spirits from the Whitney Houston news though. I got back from Highpoint North Carolina on Friday night. It was a pretty successful trip with the team and we were put up in a lovely bed and breakfast. I was also relieved to get my counter part from another store, Nick, as my roomate. He also loves the night life, so we already planned on checking out the sites. The reason for the trip was to select some new elements to do some updating to our stores with a fusion of new interior elements and wall treatments. Since I have a interior design background and have gotten creative with things in our own store, I was chosen to go, and I think it went pretty well. I didn't even get yelled at, or cause to much scandal! And I saw some beautiful things. How cool is the French Louis XV inspried chest above agaist that colbat blue wall, with the pink chairs? Well, color block IS to be huge this spring and summer.

Although this chair is way to modern for my own place, I love the style and the streak of vibrant color down the center. These chairs were ordered for some stores for client seating in our youth designer shops.



How sharp are these lights? These were the biggest hit on the trip. Most people think of tabletop props to enhance a department, but I suggested why not hanging lights in clusters or a series of them in a straight row? They have been ordered and will be excuted in the Diane Von Frustenburg, Nanette Lepore, Vince and Elie Tahari designer shops.



This shop was very southwestern, and does not at all represent our brand, but my roomate on the trip and stylist from another store loves this style, so we ventured in. Such a ham, but he is cute isn't he?



Another of my selections that got well received and ordered were these stunning silver metal vases, which will act as a nice art shape to enhance some of the designer areas. I love big shiny objects! They will be a good investment since we can essentially use them from season to season and even add stems of all sorts, to change things up.



Another glass showroom we were in. These collections were very beatuiful, but not very pratical in high traffic areas in a busy store. I did make a small purhase for my own personal use and am having it sent to the Casa.



How cute is the elephant topiary? We all were in agreement we liked them for the childern's shops, but they were waaayyyyy out of the budget.



Some of the things on my own wish list......






These cool lanterns were ordered for the men's denim lab departments in a huge quantity. They have a real cool trendy feel to them with some nice bright color.



It was a nice break to the week, even though at first the Mistress bitched and carried on something terrible about last minute notice. I just can't stand it to be rushed trying to pack some smart frocks. Can't stand it, can't stand it!

19 comments:

  1. Such beautiful things...including The Ham.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He also loves the night life

    Does he also got to boogie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no, he didn't have boogie, but we did have a steamy night!

      Delete
  3. what lovely stuff and the guy is really cute. I not sure any f it would fit with my 11yr old running around but it's all so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mistress, you crack me up!...I bet you were in HEAVEN!! That place looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Thanks for giving us a glimpse into "your world"!!! I always love these posts. I so could use your guidence here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a great trip!
    And I hope you got to taste some country sausage for breakfast!!!

    I googled Highpoint & if you were any closer to The Hole in the Wall and didn't come to see me..... Well, I may just have to start a rumor, my dear...

    (And neither of us want that, do we?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lamb chop...why yes, I did have a country sausage one morn, why do you ask? Was it my breath?

      Delete
    2. Am I to take you and your roommate both had morn sausage?????LOL! Wonderful trip as always Mistress.

      Delete
  7. Ohh isn't shopping fun!! One of my favorite things about shopping is what you accidentally find. Looks like a fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you just reminded me... I should go shopping..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooooo, let me get this right. You got a paid trip and got paid to shop? I so need your job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That first picture so has me inspired for bright colors! Of course I'd take any of these things though! Looks like a intresting trip.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I you and your friend there, nick was it, would like to take me shopping sometime, feel free! I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shop until you drop, my friend! These pieces won't take annnnnnny room at all in your suitcase!!!! You have a great job I swear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God! Don't teel the Mistress that, she'll get bigger luggage.......

      Delete
  13. Looks very cool to me, but I'm curious to know if you'll be bought any of these during your trip?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great to hear you had a great trip! I AM IN LOVE with that white chair with the dash of green!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!