Thursday, April 12, 2012

......But, Always Time for a Cock-a-tail


The Mistress is glad to hell this week to shall pass and coming to a end. After my relaxing weekend and day off, the rest of the week was just crazy between two stores. I was mostly tied up with our Green Event. The picture above was one of the small windows I did to announce the event. The event showcases designers who use all recycled and natural fibers, the going green things you know! Hence the fun idea I had a doing a dress made out of newspapers. But the real clothing was spectacular to see and display on the mannequins. And the designers themselves were interesting to meet. All items sold that day had all proceeds go to a earth friendly foundation and to park and open space conservancy. All fashion styling and propping was done by my team and I. Turned out very nice but lots of work. We also open some of our newly renovated spaces which meant lots of merchandising and fixturing to be done!

Now you didn't think I was going to let all that work get to me did you. There is always time for a cock-a-tail! I had a delish bloody Mary on my break, ok, two. They were like mother's milk
.

The debut of the new Ted Baker Men's Shop. Loved how it turned out.
Some of the chandeliers we purchased on our southern buying trip. They were sprayed black and used in multiples like I for saw. Turned out nicely for the designer shop we used them in.


Our beautiful new fragrance boutique!


A view of our new small fashion accessories area. Turned out nice and chic, and took forever to fill the sunglasses wall!

The next big event for the team will be the 2xist underwear event. In the past we have hired live models for the events. Theses are the last two years. It has coincided the last two years also with New York's gay pride.


Now the Mistress must insist on doing the hiring of the models this year, course they may never make it to the floor for the event! Tootles!

24 comments:

  1. I said it once I'll say it again, you have talent Mistress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you come up with always amazes me! The Mistress for sure has MANY talents!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they do seem to be aplenty these days....

      Delete
  3. Wow Maddie! What marvellous fun! Hard work no doubt and you must feel quite exhausted. A Cock-a-tail or two are well earned in my opinion. I love the recycled/green themed clothing. I'd wear the newspaper gown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tHANK YOU pRINCESS darling, coming from you! And the newspaper dress fit comfortably too.

      Delete
  4. Great windows ! I wish I had this talent...
    Did I recognize mannequins from the "King" italian brand ? They are the Rolls-Royce...
    I wish I could also sell mannequins like the 2xist ones !!!
    Have a nice day.
    JS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "King" italian brand? Aren't those condoms for the well endowed? LOL!

      Delete
  5. Like I say, "Infomaniac Bitches Got Talent."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did I ever tell you of my special spin art?

      Delete
  6. Absolutely brilliant.
    I'm loving the chandeliers!

    On, and the underwear models.

    Now, if I could just find a chandelier made out of underwear models...........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear Ikea is coming out with them next year!

      Delete
  7. You really do have a intresting job and many talents! And did you have to do any speical interviewing for the models????

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work as usual Mistress!!! If I was in that perfume department, I'd be there for some time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love everything.....the first dress in the window is stunning! And I wouldn't even know where to start making that news paper dress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE you store in Soho! And your work as always looks incredible. Is it me or is the guy in the right window really packing a punch in those briefs?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love when you share your work with us! And the underwear windows are creative. Is that a Keith Haring inspiried window?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if you weat the newspaper creation out some night. Just watch the cigarettes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing work!!!! Was there a casting couch for the models? Love the lighting in that shop,could you do that in my apartment?

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG!!! The styling is gorgeous, the mannequins so real and the display is take-breathing!!! EXTRAORDINARY!

    Thank you cutie for showing !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful photos and work Mistress thanks for sharing! To be in your head for a day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was fun to see a post on your work and the window displays. Looking forward to more of your creative work! And the underwear window couldn't be any better!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic work Mistress. Love the back-drop in the Ted Baker shop!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!