Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Paper Clamp

Many of you have used these niffy little paper clamps I'm sure. I prefer them over the paper clip any day. But they are also a trick of the trade when doing visual styling.
We have fool you. We use this trick alot in the store, in the windows, and when doing catalogue styling for the models. I have even seen stylist use this trick for reporters, and newscasters when in the field, and for all other sorts of videos. My friends have often complained when they get home or order something, if never looks like it did on the model. This is one reason why. Sometimes we will use special sizes made for mannequins, but that is very rare anymore. And this is also why so many companies are coming out with custom or athletic fit clothing. It runs much smaller in sizing and gives the customer a more "built" feel and look. For example, in the picture below, I would bet you there are clamps on the back of this model to give a fitted look to that shirt and the suit. There is also a trick to gap the fabric of the trouser from behind to give the appearance of a nice package too.
Pretty neat huh? And we all thought the clothing was tailor made, or every model wore clothes beautifully. Poppycock!!!!!

11 comments:

  1. so that's the secret

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sneaky little bitches.......I always buy my shirts smaller, even though I am built up above.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are niffty little clips arent they? Meanwhile Im loving the suit on the second guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who knew those little clips could be so deceiving!!! But the guy does look a little perky in those pants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the tip on this one!!! Now I know how to order clothes from here on out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I suspect that being a stylist for a model to arrange his junk would be a wwwwwonderful job! I always wanted to place the jumblies just right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen that before and still wonder how to incorporate the clips into my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks dear....I've known about this for years and sell men's clothing and often have to point out this fact!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never heard of these clips.....but I sure as hell need them.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing such a nice piece of information with us. Butterfly paper clamps

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!