Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Let Us Entertain You

Whilst I'm still trying to get the hang of this new laptop, which you can read about from sunday, and clean up of the aftermath and still converting pictures from the old laptop, I should be running back to normal some time this week and visit you all! But in the meantime, what kind of hostess am I? Please let us entertain you with some of the ever stunning Diahann Carroll.


Here, she sings one of my favorites, a beautiful song written by Jobim and sung deliciously by Diahann Carroll. Many remember Carroll in the TV shows Dynasty and Julia, but I bet many of my younger readers also didn't know that she had such a faaaaaaaaabulous voice!

8 comments:

  1. Love her voice.
    And I remember when she joined Dynasty said she wanted to be the "first Black bitch on TV"!
    Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6/12/2012

    I remember her on Dynasty but I never new she had a voice either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's the epitome of diva. Beautiful. Multi-talented and sinply Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's awesome in beauty and singing! If you haven't seen it check out her 1974 film "Claudine" for some real acting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6/12/2012

    Just in case you're still migrating your old files to youe new laptop, Windows Easy Transfer

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/windows-easy-transfer

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful song! They just don't make songs like this anymore. Today's music is nothing but junk, junk, and more junk. God I sound old darling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The patient listener is rewarded with this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Smoother than butter.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!