Monday, August 6, 2012

Seen In and Around New Hope

Well, I tell you this. The Mistress has been all over the place lately! You may recall before heading to Rehoboth Beach for a week and a half, the Mother was in town for a couple days visit. And left the Casa, taking a houseboy, but that's still a sore subject. Anyway, I from time to time get an email requesting more New Hope photos. So on our day there,  here are some more varied things to see and do in New Hope. And I must admit, the Mother did very well in the high 90 degree temps for walking and Al fresco dinning. Here are some of the sights people.........


The quaint Gardenville Inn and Pub. And in case you wonder the parked car is a typical sight here in Bucks. Many antiques car collectors. And this is not the Mistress's buggy either.


One of the many houses one will see in Bucks County en route to New Hope.....I'll bet they have some houseboys!



A view of the canal.......


If your a big old bath junkie like myself one must stop at Soap Opera ,which is known for handcrafted soaps, bath salts, and bath bombs, and has a broad variety of luxury bath, body and linen products, including bubble baths, liquid soaps, organic lines, seasonal soaps, linens, and a kids’ section. Two standouts I love are the “Morning Mint” line by Archipelago Botanical, and the large olive-based block soap from Marseilles. And how fun are the rubber duckies?




After some shopping on one side of the street, it was time for lunch at the Logan Inn......

....where we dined on small plates of Lamb chop Lollipops, mini Crab cakes with Ginger coleslaw and Melted Brie wrapped in Philo dough........

Martine's, another of my favorite places to dine and where we enjoyed after lunch cock-a-tails


After a tasty lunch Mistress and the Mother went to the Quack Shack,  where upon depositing a dollar one gets a big ole bag of feed for the river ducks.




The view from New Hope looking to Lambertville New Jersey.

While in New Hope one MUST stop for some guilty pleasure at Gerenser’s! There are plenty of ice cream options in New Hope, but the Gerenser’s “home made” taste will always win. And look at the menu. I also always get the African Violet or the Ukrainian Rose Petal, both with flower petals. We also went back the next day. What tickles your fancy on the boards? And I also notice Puerto Rican Banana? If it's what Im thinking...I'll take three!


Here's some of the items one will find at Teardrop Memories, which houses what may be the world's largest collection of Victorian-era bird cages and mourning items, along with an array of eerie objects ranging from the merely disturbing and macabre all the way to grotesque and gruesome. And all authentic. In the third picture, in the upper right, that is the skull of a giraffe!


One thing is for sure.....this town is never dull and it's oddities ever changing. After all this, it was off to Rehoboth Beach for a week and a half and then upon returning, of course, had to hit the Raven Resort to hit the pool and get caught up with the boys there. Now back to work this week. And only a week! Tooltes!

22 comments:

  1. Now you have sold me on a visit! I'm a HUGE bath junkie, the store looks beautiful! I can't wait to stop by and see it when I get there. But the food doesn't help the issue either. Looks like a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful post Honey! You are cracking me up over the ice cream boards! You don't even see flavors like that here in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  3. William and I love this town! We shop and dine there whenever we get a chance. A very nice selection of clothing, hookahs shops,crafted pottery and jewelry. And the shop onwers are awesome, and most shop have great and reasonable prices. Very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful people.We go about twice a month and Im already looking forward to our next trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would agree with you! They are amoung the friendly people around!

      Delete
  4. Love how the ducks are just hanging out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always enjoy the strool you take us on in your neck of the woods! What a great summer day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm honestly suprised you didn't ask for several Puerto Rican Bananas! Hence the return trip?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It must be nice to take off alot!?! I do need to get to New Hope again. And I guessing the Ukrainian Rose Petal leaves a beauitful windsong behind.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8/06/2012

    Lord, here we go with the food again... Lunch looks simply scrumptious! You do Tour Guide so well -and Photographer to boot!!! Now, I knew that wasn't your buggy... (Mistress and Entourage use stretch sedans -no doubt!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would be correct. Those old cars don't have much room in the backseat.

      Delete
  9. Anonymous8/07/2012

    Luv a duck! Bucks county looks like such an interesting place, I love old cars like that but most of all I would love a root around that knick knackery shop, I so want to keep bourbon in that poison bottle and swig from it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe you are on to somthing here.......how chic would it be!

      Delete
  10. I hink a trip to New Hope is just what I need ...and then to the Raven! Japanise Wasbi Almond???? Now thats bound to be intresting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need the car, the house, the canal, the lunch, the after lunch drinks, the bath soaps and .... I need it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob, I have the feeling you would just love this town!

      Delete
  12. Thank you for the beautiful post!!!! I would love to vist this town sometime! And the food looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. New Hope remind me a little of New Haven here! The Teardrops shop look very intresting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just remember Mistress that the crude carbolic acid is NOT for medicinal purposes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love quirky little towns like this. And Tabitha is on to somthing with the poison bottle. Great on a bar.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What do I have to do for a visit there?

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!