Monday, September 10, 2012

Weekend of Glamping...A Blast!


Back from Glamping y'all!!!! What a blast it was!This past weekend my good friend and sister, Mame, aka David Dust and I decided to go visit our returned friend, Wayne, and some other friends of ours to The Woods Campground. If you ever get the chance- go!!!! It is a inexpensive get- a- away, a fun time, many activities and theme nights, and the grounds are kept very clean, the staff is great and EVERYBODY is very friendly and engaging. The owners John Adams and Pat have created the most unique camping experience. You can rent cabins or campers that sleeps up to five people. I found a lot of boys just like to pitch tents!!!!! It is also clothing optional if you fancy. We had been looking forward to this trip for a while and it didn't disappoint. We had several dinners with about 8 to 9 of us one night, in which we had BBQ Pork chops, Grilled Chicken Breast, Hamburgers and all the sides and other fix ins, and as you can imagine there was much cock-a-tailing! Poor dear Mame was even passed out the first night by 9:30!!!!!! The poor thing. She had to be un-zipped and tucked in. That gave the Mistress time to have a close encounter of the third kind! We spent time by the pool, had some laughs at the camp fire, hoping the Mistress wouldn't re- create the Towering Inferno, had some nature walks, and some golf cart rides. Many nights would end at the clubhouse where dancing commenced, and then end in the hot tub to un-wind. Most mornings for me were terrible hang overs.

  My nap one day on the hammock, while hung over from the night before, looking up.
,
Now our friend, and host, Gary has a beautiful site, with cabin and camper, which he has now added a beautifully enclosed deck around both. He also has a fire pit, a  hot tub, and a grilling area. The place which is named the Cock Crossing has running water, hot water and electric, and a full stocked bar and ice maker. So as you can see, it is indeed glamping, not camping. And the Cock Crossing is named because of his love for roosters, not the other, contrary to believe.


 
Loved the weather station there....... I thought it was pink most days myself.


Many trails are named. I stayed on Naked Way myself.


This muscle bear had me purrrrring all weekend.....

 
Love the Pennsylvania Dutch humor here on this camper...


The SKY vodka tree....

 
My pyrotech skills are still in tact ,as I built a campfire for Mame and I one night at Gary's site.....
 
Another way while at Gary's site to relax..... it was heaven.


While there, we do enjoy a good golf cart ride, which alot of the permanent campers seem to have. Here is Margarita, my host's golf cart!


Complete with stereo system and cock-a-tail holders. There were many rides off and on trails, and often there is a 2am golf cart tour, with up to 11 golf carts riding through camp, with tons of drunken queens hooting and hollering! And then we ate alot.I don't know why Mame worried about starving....there were plenty of these to cut and stir fry.....


 
As you can see, Mame didn't have much left of a scond bottle of Bacardi Limon ......
 
Another lovely summer trip....and my last for the season. I just hate when summer is over, but I have to admit look forward to the season change if I must. Tootles!

29 comments:

  1. What a great tour of the place! And glad you didnt drink too much,lol! The weather station is cracking me up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rumors of the Mistress's over drinking are greatly exaggerated!

      Delete
  2. What fun! It was good to hear from you. Remember? LOL! Sounds fabulous! xoxoxoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So.....one did glamp and the other tramped? This looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9/10/2012

    That sounds like so much fun! I'm glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9/10/2012

    Howdy! I could have sworn I've been to this site before but after looking at many of the posts I realized it's new to me.

    Anyways, I'm definitely pleased I stumbled upon it and I'll
    be bookmarking it and checking back frequently!
    Also visit my web site : Discs Premium Spirulina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, definitely my idea of camping. But did you remember to stop at Arby's?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not one but two trips! Fine dinning!

      Delete
  7. well now that is an interesting tree!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand the Mistress has a bush, same thought only with Hendricks bottles on it.

      Delete
  8. so happy you had a great time

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great weekend! I so want to come there and try this! The muscle guy looks hot! Was he the close encounter of the third kind,lol?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No not him!, but that would have been nice too.

      Delete
  10. oh my God, yes that is glamping as only you two can do! I think I would actually try it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Naked way? Lesbian Alley, Cock Crossing? This is too funny. Looks and sound fun though Mistress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "I found a lot of boys just like to pitch tents!!!!!" You crack me up! I was wondering about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And there were all size tents too I might add.

      Delete
  13. Nex time there we so need a field trip for some glamping Mistress! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that the Mistress rides around on a golf cart named Magarita. Lools so fun! I could do this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. With so much gin and Aqua Net, good you didn't get to close to the fire.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeah, I totally buy that story about roosters. Glad to see there's a nod to the girls in "Lesbian Alley."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! There were quite a few single ladies and couples there this time. There seem to be more there all the time.

      Delete
  17. We're so close to this we really need to go sometime! Looks like great fun and sound like you did too! I saw there was a ball eating contest?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Heidi Ho9/10/2012

    Gurrrrl, shot party at site 8!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous9/11/2012

    Glamping already got my interest, but with this as an example, you really have my full attention! Permanent glampers? Boys pitching tents? Naked Way and Cock Crossing?
    All I can say is I would be totally jealous if I hadn't been dancing with 60 naked men all night Saturday myself lol.
    I think glamping really must be in my future!

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a great vacation!!! And Mame DOES love some Limon, huh?.. :) great pics...great time...great fun. Love you Maddie!!! XOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous9/13/2012

    Great photos/commentary! ...reminds me of weekend jaunts to Rainbow Mtn. - way-bak when!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, who knew camping could be so much naughy and sinfully good fun! Loved seeing this, maybe ill go for some fun sometime,;)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!