Monday, October 15, 2012

A Monday Update

 
First, I'd like to thank  you all for your kind words and thoughtful comments last week! It really lightened my day and made me feel better, and for some of your phone calls and emails. It seemed like a long week. I was off work Wednesday and Thursday with the tests being done, and I don't think I ever had so many people looking at me undressed, not to mention pricked, pulled, shot, test run, and examined in all my life!!! The good news is I was never admitted to the hospital, and the blood test for the one where we thought the bacteria virus got in my blood stream came back negative! Turns out what is effecting me is post infectious arthritis, which some people can get on the heels of a viral or bacterial infection. While it is not painful, it does limit my movements and is uncomfortable to deal with. In most cases doctors like it to go away on it's own, which can go several days or weeks, in some cases several months, in which case then will be treated with intravenous antibiotics. After work, I have been told to relax and stay off my feet. I have also been given 600mg ibuprofen and some pain killers to ease the discomfort. Anyone who knows the Mistress is aware I can't swallow pills. And no other cracks need be said!!!! I would rather be making art work out of the damn things, like the Amy Winehouse portrait above or these pretty pictures.........


 
or I could just arranged them in a lovely candy dish for my dear Wally..............


The Lad stopped in with some, actually, all my market shopping, and stayed over Friday night, followed by some great take out on Saturday.Isn't that sweet of him? I guess I should really roll out the red carpet and treat him like royalty more! On the down side I didn't get to see the fabulous Bebe Neuwrith Saturday night, as I was too vain to be seen at my age hobbling about. Now, if only I had a regal cane, with decorative final,like the one Barnabas Collins has, well, that might have changed things!!!! Thanks again for your well wishes and I'm hoping to get back to blogging soon!

14 comments:

  1. Anonymous10/15/2012

    I am still snickering about swallowing...

    Glad you didn't have the blood infection, that wouldn't have been much fun, and hey, at least you are cute enough not to be too worried with all those folks oggling at you!

    Glad you are sort of back on you feel darlin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad for the better news and hangeth in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd crush those pills up and hide them in a scoop of ice cream. (Or dissolve them in gin, although I suspect the doctors would frown on that.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, isn't that good news, sort of.
    You're on the mend and will be bronco busting houseboys and slugging back cock-a-tails again before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An Amy Winehouse pill portrait? Now that is just wrong! Glad to see your feeling a little better, it sounds terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wait, your can't take pills but you can swallow a ......nevermind mind. Glad to hear your mending some!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Maddie!!

    I've been remiss about keeping up with everyone. I'm so sorry to hear that you're not well. I'm thinking of you and sending you lots of love and happy thoughts. If you talk to the doctor about not being able to swallow pills he can have the pharmacist crush & mix the pills in a liquid for you. We had to do that with Miss Margaret when she was born because her meds did not come in liquid form and babies do not swallow pills either. Hope that helps with your swallowing issues ;P

    Get better soon Doll

    Love you ♥
    CoreyJo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you feel better soon! And if you don't need the special candy dish, I can take it off your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maddie, you crack me up! Take water and the pills and just swallow and bit the big one sort of to speak! Sounds like you mending a little, glad to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "I'm sure you be up and around and on your back in no time" I know you like the Golden Girls,Poor dear. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous10/16/2012

    I'm sorry to hear you're not well but at least you still have your sense of humor. I hope you feel like yourself again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know Mistress my brother had this and it last weeks till is disappeared, i feel for you! Meanwhile the candy dish is quite colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh thats sucks your not up to par yet. I too mastered fellitto before swallowing pills, dont feel bad.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!