Sunday, November 18, 2012

Where the Wild Things Are


The wild things were in the form of myself and visiting Cali-Boi, who is a longtime reader of the Mistress, and we met for the first time this summer in Provincetown. He has been planning a trip for two years now to come to Philly and finally did. He spent most of the week in town, as the Mistress had work duties, but we did have dinner Wednesday night at the fabulous Palomar Hotel, followed by Mimi Imfurst's Dollhouse Revue at the Voyeur Nightclub. I took Friday off to play tour guide in Philadelphia, and the weather was just beautiful, sunny and much warmer. After a city tour and stop at Giovanni's Room , he really wanted to see the Philadelphia Zoo, so it was off to see the wild things, excluding Cali Boi, who is quite the charmer. Upon entering I saw a peacock that came at me. It couldn't be Penelope, from the Bronx Zoo on my visit with good friend and sister Mame could it? As old as the zoo is, it is kept very beautiful, and we were lucky, as some of the animals are getting ready to be transferred to other locations for the winter.



It's like they were posing.....


We were going to go into the Memorial Hall, which is now the Please Touch Museum, but I worried someone might get confused.


The beautiful statues in front of the Museum....

After the zoo it was time for a late lunch and some afternoon happy hour, so we headed to the Continental, a Steven Starr establishment for lunch. But it isn't your typical diner.....its swanky.....with cock-a-tails.......


After a late lunch it was back to the Casa du Borhgese so I could show Cali-Boi, upon his request, my fair hamlet of New Hope. We had many cock-a-tails at the Raven after walking the streets of New Hope and Lambertville. Then more cock-a-tails at the Casa before passing out, err, I mean, going to sleep. The next day was a wonderful brunch at the ever fabulous Marsha Browns, before Cali-Boi headed back in town in the townecar to catch his flight back to West Hollywood. It was a very nice weekend and much needed from the follow up of Sandy and a huge work load now done. I will say though, the Weho boys sure do know how to have fun. There like Energizer batteries, they keep going, and going ,and going.........

38 comments:

  1. Looks like a great day, and the zoo is one place in the city that never tires. And I sooooooo would have met up with you two. I heard rumors about those West Hollywood boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great tour guide you are, but inquiring minds want to know did you really behave or was there much debachery? A I would love to see Mimi's show, I hear its really something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so I hear from sources, there was an awful alot of noise and racket coming from the East wing late friday night at the casa........

      Delete
    2. Mimi's show was great, but I have no idea of the noises or debachery you two are talking about.

      Delete
    3. the way I see it is one must worry when they stop talking about you.

      Delete
    4. You two can vist anytime!!!!!

      Delete
    5. Waht a great weekend. The shots of the animals are great, but did I miss a scandal somewhere?

      Delete
    6. well you know the Mistress. When she's good, she's good, but when she's bad she's better. Just saying.

      Delete
  3. After all the cocktails did you guys remember seeing anything? Love the look of the diner, and the zoo looks intresting, but Im not a huge zoo person. Very nice day Mistress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely beasts! And I'm guessing the zoo was nice also? The peacock is quite stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely day and love the penguins they do look like they were so ready for their close up. Happy you had a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my God you two must have had a blast! And did all parties behave accordingly??????????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. all I'll say is I had my own wing and was given much spirits.

      Delete
    2. next time we will hook up the cameras! Damn it.

      Delete
    3. You two must stop. There are already enough rumors floating about.

      Delete
  7. This got me thinking I need another trip to Philadelphia, it has been years! Im sure it has changed alot. Great shots, I love the giraffes the most.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Philadelphia really is a nice city filled with so much too see. I can't wait to visit. And is this the same Cali-Boi we met up here this summer??? He was quite the dish,hubba,hubba!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My three favorite things to do when I get to Philly, 1-zoo, 2- art museum and 3- any Steven Starr joint! Look like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't get me started on a Starr joint!

      Delete
  10. Oh no, not the same guy we met in P-Town? You had better go get a pregnancy test! He is easy on the eyes though. The zoo looks incredible, I don't think I have ever been.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. im always a gentlemen!

      Delete
    2. honey, I won't risk scares anymore, the tubes were tied!

      Delete
  11. Thats our Mistress, always with the men! Last time at the zoo, the tiger triplets were just wee ones,,,they have grown.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun weekend, makes me want to get out and do more! And everytime I hear Don't Stop the Party, I always think of you, have I told you?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey! It was a great weekend and thanks for a show me some of the sights. And I didn't even try to seduce you or the houseboys...at least till the second night!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you still drunk? Yes, I'm still bushed from playing ring around the table. And the houseboys are still trying to get out your protein shake out of the sofa!

      Delete
    2. protein shake????????

      Delete
  14. Love doing fall weekends like this and with such hunky company darling! Sounds like a great time was had.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a great time -- especially all those cock-a-tails!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like there were many wild things about.I haven't been to a zoo in years, so this was cool to see!

    ReplyDelete
  17. well I find it very hard to believe this big ole hubba, hubba, from weho didn't take the Please Touch theroy, and apply it to his crotch! Loved the zoo tour though ;0

    ReplyDelete
  18. "We were going to go into the Memorial Hall, which is now the Please Touch Museum, but I worried someone might get confused." Those weho boys confuse easy, he probably thought it was a trouser snake.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous11/18/2012

    Lord, I can tell already... Things were far from "tame" - OUTSIDE of The Zoo! Boyz Gone Wild! would be my guess!!! ;{>

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!