Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Back at the Ranch........

 
The Mistress is back at the Casa, and is so happy to have decided to take a five day weekend. Easter is one of my favorite holidays, because it signals a time of renewal and that spring is here.... and that shirtless man season is right around the corner! Of course I went home for the holiday to visit with the family and friends, where as you may of guested, I over ate and drank as normal, but it was all so good!
 
 
Some wine and cheese and nut selection to start with.....
 
 
The lovely leg of lamb we had for the dinner. The aunt used a Madeira wine for the flavoring, with some added carrot and onion.......She thought I nuts for taking a picture I believe.
 
 
The finished lamb......
 
 
The rest of the dinner consisted of Parsley Potatoes, steamed asparagus, snow peas, and a pureed butternut squash and of course the lamb with feta cheese. It's a miracle I'm not big as a house!
 
Liz the Corgi, concerned about the Easter egg hunt that was going on across the street.
 
 
 
The phenomenal meal came to a close with my aunt's delicious homemade cream puffs, a recipe from Julia Child...my aunt's idol. She has many of Julia's recipes, which I find difficult to use myself. I had two of these if it was any indication how good they were.
 
 
 
The other part of the visit was to the Capital Street Duo's house, which is still nameless I may add, to visit the Dame Courtney and the Master Russell. Of course she was all decked out for the arrival of spring and the Easter holiday. I was blown away by her mantel piece and side table in the parlor. A florist by trade, she worked the hell out of the flowers and the bird's nest scattered about. Upon arrival,l it was time for cock-a-tails, where like clock work, a gin was waiting for me upon arrival. We sat by the converted tree on the bar, which went from Christmas balls to Easter pin eggs!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I love these antique rabbits!
 

After cock-tails, it was off to dinner at a local town eatery where we bumped into there new, hunky neighbor who just moved in, where we were told to stop in for a nip or two, before heading out for the night. Long story short , the three of us gays ended up having a partying game night with a bunch of all 6 foot somethings hunks, all who had arms built like my thighs and all Penn State grads!!!! How do I always end up in these situations? A good time was had by all, the guys were so cool with us, but I may have to have a return visit to see their new neighbor again shortly. See why I needed a five day weekend? Tootles.

30 comments:

  1. A most fashionable return as always! That dinner looks beyond amazing! And the Dame has done it again, how fabulous it all looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, what a weekend! I love me some lamb and those cream puffs!!!!! The straight boys sound very intriguing, can we get more?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's easy to see why you guys are friends,both so creative! But let's hear more about the penn grads......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, they were boys with cute faces, and big muscules, what more you need?

      Delete
  4. Liz is so adorable, reminds me of my departed Sam. And the Dame's house looks amazing as always! I love all the flowers on the mantle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks and sounds like a great weekend! I can smell that meal. And now the Mistress is infiltrating straight boys with the Duo?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a rejuvenating long weekend! Now back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. " all who had arms built like my thighs" Now that's my kind of boys! Looks like you had a great Easter. And the dame must know you well to have a cocktail waiting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Mistress always seems to find a basket, gay or staight.

      Delete
  8. you knew liz would get my attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figrued you may enjoy her....instead of someone's meat.

      Delete
  9. Anonymous4/02/2013

    I love those bunnies, the cute Corgi and especially parsley potatoes. I always make those as a side dish whenever I grill a steak.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see the dame puts all her eggs in one basket! Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Between your place and the Dames it always puts me in the mood to decorate, but never seem to get around to it! The meal so sooooooo mouth watering!

    ReplyDelete
  12. And after all that eating and drinking you still have a 30" waist. Bitch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. * looking in mirror and enjoying my waist* Did you say something Miss Moorecock?

      Delete
  13. I'm surprised Liz isn't more concerned about the cream puffs, I know I am! Glad your back!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter! A return trip? Are you going to man nap the neighbor as a houseboy? Sounds like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. grabbing coat and will be right over for dinner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moorecock.....set another placesetting!

      Delete
  16. Very nice pictures Mistress! What a great looking leg!And it's always nice to see that the Dame didn't go to decorating to much. So festive as always.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I could eat just the wine and nuts. From your aunt's house, not the straight boys. well, unless their offering them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that the Dame is so ostentatious!!!! I wish I could see it all in person! My mother I believe had those same rabbits when I was young. So glad to have you back honey!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I must admit to being more intrigued by the straight boys?!? How fun that must have been! What a great Easter it looks like you had.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your aunt must be a excellent cook? I love to cook also and find alot of Julia's recipes very challenging. And her Corgi is so adorable peering throught the glass. The Dames egg tree is quite sparkling, love that idea

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous4/03/2013

    You have the most talented and stylish friends, what a mantel!
    Oh and that dinner looks amazing, I love the taste of Madeira in food, it's so rich, you had a very hoppy easter indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!