Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Just Scarecrows and Beer


It was such a lovely night tonight, so after work I joined some of the clan for happy hour in Lasaka , another quaint little town that is between New Hope and Doylestown. I will usually not attempt this destination on the weekends, to packed and congested with tourist. Peddler's Village is filled with wonderful eateries, artisan shops, galleries, and the gamete of gift shops. On the libation menu tonight was the fall beer flight........
 
 
perfect for this time of year. It was filled with light beers and pale ales, dark lagers and seasonal blends. Perfect for my indecisive mind tonight. After some laughs and savoring of the beers, I decided to walk the village and look at the various scarecrows they have for the local competition , and see the beautiful gardens........
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This was pretty funny since they call Bucks County... Big Bucks County.......
 
 
 
 
This scarecrow incorporated ALL the characters from the Wizard of Oz....including the monkey with wings on the back!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Love the flower shop and design.....
 
 
And there wasn't any real crows to be seen. Excuse me now, I must visit the little boys room.

20 comments:

  1. I could sooooo get into a scarecrow challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should start a new tradition there. In my little town the borough has one also. They supply the hay, stakes and a pumpkin for the head, and the theme and everything else by yourself. They go up the week of Halloween and tied to the street lights.

      Delete
  2. Wow, another great post! All these post from your area....so beautiful and Old World like... so much to see and do. I'd be in love with it immediately. So creative minds here....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again....nothing like this in Harrisburg!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas, your right. The scariest crow of any type there is Linda Thompson.

      Delete
  4. LOL, love the Peter Pan one! How creative! This village looks so fun and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You mean no male stripper or hag or witches? Liking those beers though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A male stripper? That would surely involve a cucumber. Meanwhile Ms.Moorecock wasn't available to model for a hag or witch that day.

      Delete
    2. hope everyone sees the abuse I have to put up with and get paid little.

      Delete
  6. HA,HA,HA, the crow bar is funny as hell! There all pretty good though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, nothing like a trip to Peddlers' Village. We go at least once a season. Love the fall the best and always go to the scarecrow exhibit and the apple festival, with all the delicious apple baked goods. There is al one potter I like to visit. Ahhhhh those beefs do look good! But I could only do one......small bladder!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the Mad Hatter's Tea Party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10/15/2013

    I love the crow bar one! The Forrest Grump one is pretty funny too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ah, autumn in the philly burbs...forrest grump and the mad hatter's tea party are clever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That pib looks like a nice hidden get-a-away! Love places like that. Forest Gump! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this post! So many cute places for you to escape and het lost! Love the scarecrows!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love a good beer flight! The only time I drink it. I like all those rubber ducks in the window.Bath shop?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think once I get older and retire, Im moving out your direction! Your post latey have been wonderful for the season. Now pass one of the beers here please!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have always loved Lasaska, and you know , we could use some of those scarecrows here for the neighborhood bats.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful place! How great are those scare crows? I think Oz is my favorite, what a costume that would make!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!