Sunday, November 10, 2013

Invasion Of Color

 
Well, you surely didn't think the Mistress wore just wing tips, brogues and  6" stilettos did you? In the fall I'm very fond of my aged boots and biker boots! This ensemble was perfect for yesterday, as it was just a pinch chill. I really am a summer person, but far more love my fall/winter wardrobe. I love layering. It was the perfect day to take a walk about around the grounds here in my complex, and the neighborhood with my friend....... so much color, I thought I would share before the leaves are all but gone.....
 
The view out my window. The red/yellow of the leaves always cast a reddish light in my windows and on to the walls, I love it!
 
 
 Now on to the grounds and the neighborhood......
 
 
 
 
This time of year brings the deer and fox out in numbers, but I love to see them. And they are getting quite bold. Amazing how close you can get.
 
 
 
 
 
The covered bridge right up the road. These are a common site in Bucks County.
 
 
 
 
 
I adore the simplicity of this house, one of my neighborhood favorites....
 
 

 
As you may know I work in New Jersey, so I have a hour commute to work. But I don't mind, because my drive it quite relaxing and so beautiful this time of year. Here are some of the sites I see daily on my drive through New Hope and my area. This was on Friday, not quite dusk yet......
 
 
 
 
Years ago when I moved to this area with the ex, I thought how am I going to survive living in the county... sort of.  I had always lived in a city atomshpere, where people were constantly dropping in. Being the extrovert, I had a huge problem in the beginning. But now.....I wouldn't have it any other way. I still love the cities, but just to visit. All this beauty and character. I'm really lucky to have such a beautiful drive. As I get older, come fall,  my area is the perfect place to become a recluse, as I tend to pull into my own self, and enjoy some alone time, and become Persephone returning to Hades. Many a friend will tell you, I'm a rare site in the late fall and all of winter, and can be seen again with the crocus.
 
 
 
 
 
 
This is a house believe it or not. It is currently be renovated. I have no idea what it used to be, but it is quite unique...... almost haunting. A old mill perhaps.

 
Almost home.....
 
 
 
The sky when I arrived home.....
 
 
Once inside it was time for a G&T!!!

41 comments:

  1. I love the fall colors. We took a quick trip up to Charlotte yesterday on the back roads and the leaves were gorgeous!


    PS Jealous of the boots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And these were definitely made for walking.

      Delete
  2. You live in a particularly beautiful area. Love the covered bridge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I heard Bucks is pretty, but it looks so European. And don't you look handsome and rugged for the season!!!! Very nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The area you live in is so picturesque! If one doesn't like fall, they would fall in love for sure!!! The houses are so quaint, and you look great for the season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! What an amazing post! I can see why you enjoy life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11/10/2013

    I love the fall colors and the beautiful scenery. Too bad I'm still not seeing them here where I'm at. Still somewhat summer over here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loverly, loverly. You too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is no where like the Northeast for fall, I think the charm just adds to it. That last shot is amazing of a typical fall night sky. Love your style handsome !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those colors! Divine! What a beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the armchair tour Mistress. Lovely colours and scenery... I want those boots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may need glasses, I thought what does Prinny want with my boobs.

      Delete
  11. I love all the color around here and how smashing you look, almost didn't recognize you...your legs are down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They usually are, you just keep doing head stands.

      Delete
  12. Beautiful fall photos & the you look like the perfect sexy host! Boy, you got style! Philly tends to pale in comparison to Bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mistress your post are always so beautiful, thanks for the tour. I would love to be a guest some weekend. The deer are quite cute. Being in the city I never see any.

    ReplyDelete
  14. look at everyone drooling over our countryside, mistress! we have a slice o new england right here in PA.

    @anitia - oh suh-NAP!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woah! Nice chunk of land!

    Very good rustic photos too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to see you again. Yes it is quite the playground!!!

      Delete
  16. Such beautiful color!!!! I agree, I couldn't live anything else but the North. I have the best of fall plus on the ocean. I can now see why your out in the country...with all those scantily clad houseboys you need to be. Looking good my friend, looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now this is just gorgeous! I would love my job there this time of year. It is sort of like seeing the European country side isn't it. Now don't mind me as I'm undressing you with my eyes ;>

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous tree photos! Your place of living is so amazing looking. I know right, it's been getting cold here too!Extra blankets on my bed soon. And how handsome you look, so slender!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I envy you Northern American peeps, makes me homesick, that get such wonderful Fall displays - we just don't get that here. Hope you had a (warm) and restful weekend. Love your selfie!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gotta have those boots! They're fabulous. Do you know that brown and grey are good colors to wear if you want to be approachable? I heard that somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love all of this- those boots, the jeans, your sweater, the pose and the scenery ain't bad either. Love the moon shot, that's great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you, I did realize my moon was out

      Delete
  23. TOtally love the boots ..and the colorful fall foliage in this post. If I ever do convert will you be my bromance? Hey a guy can dream right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And will you be able to held my "bro-mance-hood"?

      Delete
  24. Oh the first photo is soooooooooo cute... very nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love Fall through the eyes of you. Very wonderful! Such a rugged look for you...but you have a great frame!!! The houses there have so much age and personality.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Greetings! Beside the hot bloke in the first snap......I love the single leaf on the pavement, no idea why. Now lets warm you up!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful Autumnal pics, I was just like you, London all my life and then moved to a tiny cottage in the middle of the countryside, and I love it, being with nature washes away all of the muck of the city in every way. So sad about Tabitha, I came here to commiserate, can you persuade her to blog again? she would listen to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings Alexandra!!!! Thank you for stopping in to say Hi! You too huh? And I know the pain of Tabs. Her and her blog and writing are like trying to give up chocolate!!!! Maybe by a small miracle and a Kelly bag, she will change her mind!!!!!

      Delete
  28. What a gorgeous fall post, leave it to you! I do believe I would love to live in your neck of the woods! That stone house has so much personality.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the view off that iron bridge. Is that the bridge over the Delaware River? Those are great shots. Now kick up those boots and hand them over.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Well, Hello slender glass of water!!!! Don't you look fall relaxed!!!! Another stunning post. Its nice to see through your eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  31. nice part of the world....i know i've mentioned i've got friends in
    pipersville (which always makes me laugh, sounds like hootersville).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe Norma its the same thing, only different anatomy. Now I have pipe to lay.

      Delete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!