Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Par for the Course

 
When I told a co-worker I'd be going home for Thanksgiving, they said  I was nuts for traveling for just two days time just to head back to support the store for the weekend! I really can't complain since I won't be there on Black Friday with all those cray cray's!!!!
 
And for that I'm thankful.
 
But I really do love traditions and wouldn't want it any other way, and it really is my favorite meal of the year! So I'm heading to the Aunt and Uncles for the holiday meal.
 
 
 Nice plates!!!! I have a set to take as a hostess gift for the Aunt, she will love them!!! We do tend to dress for dinner and this year I'm thinking of this look for the day, and I have all of the pieces. I just hope no buttons go flying.........
 
 
 
Mother and I always have watched the parade every year. We sit and watch it and talk. It's a great parade, but how cool are these old vintage balloons from yester year?
 
 
 
 
 Since my mother is in very good health and in her early 60's, I do still enjoy our time together and it is something I am truly thankful for. 
 
Then we head to my Aunt and Uncles, where she pays close attention to every detail. I love it, with all the good smells, and her cooking is out of this world. Then she hauls the bird out of the oven.......
 
 
If my aunt were a doll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
So once again, our families will gather to celebrate the true meaning of the holiday, that's right, excessive gobbling and some awkward family dinners, but thank God mine gets along swimmingly! But it really is a good time to express our gratitude's, our health, loved ones, and so much more. And of course we can't forget the loveliness of the table setting and for all the glorious food!!!! 
 
 
 
And for all the food and my family, and these memories I will always be thankful.
 
On the news I heard the average person will consume about 4500 calories! Yikes! But who's keeping track right?!? That's what the gym and my boys will help me with after the holiday...blushing... After the meal and the great clean up, I'll be then thankful for a book and the sofa, but it won't be long till.......
 
 
It really is all par for the course though, and wouldn't have it any other way. I'll be leaving the Casa and will return next week after another work  trip, but didn't want to sign off with giving gratitude and giving THANKS to all my friends, my fellow bloggers and loyal readers, for visiting me and leaving comments. It really does tickle me so and in all the right places!
 
Happy Thanksgiving to You All!!!
 

41 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this post!!!!!! And the pictures.....i even got a bit teary eyed. You must be such a gentle soul, I'm not buying mind. Happy Thanksgiving to you to dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great Thanksgiving with your family and to hell with calories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will look so handsome, will you need help getting undressed? I could be your footmen! Happy Turkey Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I plan to eat so much they could put me in the thanksgiving parade as a air balloon!!!! A sweet post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving to you too! So glad to find your blog.I've been off this week and been reading lots, I'm gonna like the casa!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And from what we see with that backside you should be popular!

      Delete
  6. Mistress, you have a great body and don't have to worry about 4500 calories.....your seeing three guys,it will get worked off!!!! Gobble, gobble....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't that mean just getting stuffed again?

      Delete
  7. I absolutely love that outfit, very dashing! Now go get stuffed!!!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "since my mother is in very good health and in her early 60's" - OMB, I am as old as yo mama! :-0

    I am thankful I discovered you on bob's blog. and to hell with the calories, the gin will wash them all away! have a good feasting day, mistress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do have a wonderful day with your loved ones, dearest Maddie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just adore those plates!!!!! Have a very nice Thanksgiving with your family and safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the shots of the old balloons from the parade, cool! I love the dinning, but the best part is the most restful nap after!!!! Have a nice Thanksgiving cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Thanksgiving to you Mistress! And thank you for a lovely post, your wonderful, sometime racy,sometimes cheeky, sometimes entertaining, always gorgeous blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can think of a few more adjectives to use.

      Delete
  13. Have a great Thanksgiving and don't be gone to long!!! Calories? Ah screw it. I and the boyfriend will just have sex the rest of the week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!! Sounds like a nice time you have planned.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great post! I'm now with family and waiting to gorge! Nice outfit for the day. Make sure your giblets stay in this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no controlling those giblets

      Delete
  16. Anonymous11/28/2013

    Happy Thanksgiving!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the picture selection! And your outfit looks so dapper...go for it. We take for granted so much so this Thanksgiving I want to thank you for brighten my day and being a friend, even though we never met.

    ReplyDelete
  18. And what of the house boys? And who is attending your giblets? I want those plates! Enjoy your dinner,and remember take human bites....pace yourself Mistress!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yikes,all those calories! I think I'll stick to eater and green beans! Happy Thanksgiving! Thank you for the message!

    ReplyDelete
  20. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! XOXO MAC

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wishing you the very best, darling. Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy your day! - Uptonking from Wonderland Burlesque

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are such a wonderful with this thanksgiving post. Such festive photos. Its I who gives thanks to you. You love no idea how you brighten this old queens heart.

    ReplyDelete
  23. happy Thanksgiving Mistress. I'll be heading to two dinners today! So I best watch what I put on the l plate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the parade, I think for the same reason. It brings back such memories just to have it on. Have a lovely time, and watch those buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That table setting is glorious! I want to get something like that to add on for next year. that doll photo of your aunt is funny and your message is heartfelt. Happy Thanksgiving mistress

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ya, love the fool shot! Even Barbie cooks for the holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awwww thank you for the thanksgiving message. All those calories!?! Scary! Have a lovely Thanksgiving Mistress and get stuffed!

    ReplyDelete
  28. The one thing I miss about life in the US. Thanksgiving. The food,the table set and the parade! I still do it here, buy its not the same. have a lovely Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I don't know which would be more mouth watering.....the food, or you in the nice outfit for the day! Have a nice Turkey Day!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I hope you had a nice thanksgiving. Your going to be exhausted , I sure hope your sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you enjoyed your meet today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today? That's a everyday occurrence and then some with him

      Delete
  32. I sure hope you had a great holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!