Saturday, November 2, 2013

Would You Like a Bone with That Drink?

Do you want that in a high ball or a skull???
 
A most unusual drinking hole for sure and one you probably won't catch the Mistress in. WHAT! Did I just say that???? They're probably making snow cones in hell right now as we speak! Feast your eyes......
 
 


 
A while back Mistress Maddie's #1 Fan was on a European vacation and one stop was Switzerland,where he made a stop at the Skeleton Bar. In the quaint medieval city of Gruyére, Switzerland, one may meander the cobblestone streets and tour the delightful old Gruyére cheese factory. But a far more fascinating site here contrasts with the Swiss scenery and piques the modern curiosity. Along the way to the fromagerie. is the Skeleton Bar. This odd-looking establishment was designed by Hans Rudi Giger, who worked as a designer on the Alien movies, receiving multiple awards, including an OSCAR for best special effects. The bar is intentionally dark, grim, and slightly disturbing: stepping inside feels like entering an alien's lair if you ask me. The ceiling is like the inside of a ribcage, with vertebrae twisting along the vaulted ceiling of the ancient castle it is housed in.

 
 
 
 
 
He said it was a wild night there for drinks. I don't know about you, but I'd have to be hard up for some gin to go here. Give me a nice Burlesque lounge or Go-Go Boy bar anytime.

17 comments:

  1. Anonymous11/02/2013

    It's creepy but I could see myself wander in. I'll try anything once. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bit creepy, but if the gin or cosmos are flowing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if I'm in there with a hot date, what's happens if I get a boner?

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome... scary, but awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that's amazing! But I don't know I could have a libation there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Impressive doesn't even begin to describe it ... these pictures look good, but you wouldn't believe it in person, trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gives a whole new meaning to give me a stiff one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, wouldn't be my first choice to stop by for a snifter, either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Makes me wonder if those chairs is comfortable? Otherwise, simply, I'm at lost for words!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Freaky design…I wonder how the waiters look to serve food and drinks??

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's remarkable, but I don't think I'd want to drink a lot. Could you imagine being sauced in there? You'd be too frightened to ever sleep again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Being plastered in that place is one thing, but I would not like to smoke one in there :o

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Mistress, I just don't think I could indulge here either. I enjoy me a good happy hour, but I'll stick with the Boat House I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very creepy, but would be cool to play a quartet in there, for a Halloween party.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Some suggestions for the menu:
    Cranium Cognac
    Sternum Scotch
    Humerus Hooch
    Vertebra Vodka
    Radius Rum
    Pelvis Port

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, i could stop I for at least one. I do love the windows though.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow. Way over the top, don't you think? But if you're going high-concept then... sky's the limit! And, darling... if there is a gin tini on the table? Are you telling me YOU could ever walk away? Not this one. Mother's milk to me, it is... and where ever the chill is right, there I will be found, sucking... er, sipping away. :P - Uptonking from Wonderland Burlesque

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!