Saturday, December 21, 2013

CHRISTMAS FACADE

 
Are you all just about ready for Christmas?
I have to say, I'm more caught up then ever before, but I also don't have a lot of gifts to get. While I love the holidays, the only thing I hate is the awful traffic. Anyho, yesterday I met the Firemen for a early dinner in Doylestown, and since I was early I took a walk around this chic little town. I found it interesting to see all the different ways residents decorated their door, and even the different array of color choices for doors.  The facades were quite festive I must say.........
 
 
 
  
  

 
 
Interesting to see how people decorate the portal that's shuts out the rest of the world doesn't it?
 
Other door post here.

15 comments:

  1. I swear, you can do the simplest of things and find beauty! Very cool post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!
    Growing up we never had door wreaths as it reminded my father too much of funeral wreaths put on doors - apparently a fashionable practice in that town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would you believe I have a friend who just had their grandmother pass, and he did a funeral wreath on the door.

      Delete
  3. Our door is black with a Red Holly wreath, but I do love that Blue Door you have up there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yours sounds nice too! I love black doors. Isn't the blue one nice though? Love the use of the three wreaths.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! We have a plastic holly wreath on our door that I bought at a garage sale 30 years ago for 25 cents. Got my money's worth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it! My favorite ornament is much the same way. I got it for $2 at a vintage sale. But it's nice you still use it , and the memories and tradition it has with it.

      Delete
  5. I was walking around in Philly and was amazed at how pretty the doors are this year. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rittenhouse, Washington Square West and Society Hill, always have such wonderful doors to see. Enjoy the views!

      Delete
  6. I like the one with the balls of course.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12/21/2013

    I'm definitely in the giving spirit. I gave Jiffy Lube $200 for car maintenance, Best Buy $100 for a new Keurig, and it's not even noon yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12/21/2013

    What beautiful door fronts, and what's this - a pole dancer? How did I miss this?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the greens against the all white.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!