Friday, June 6, 2014

COME WALK WITH ME


Most of our mornings right after a delish breakfast the Professor and I would go for a walk of the historic Cliff Walk, which was on our hotels path. The cool thing was early in the morning the thick fog was rather cool to see and feel. But the views and smells were looked forward to.

The Newport Cliff Walk is considered one of the top attractions in Newport, Rhode Island. It is a 3.5-mile public access walkway that borders the shore line. It has been designated a National Recreation Trail. The Cliff Walk runs from the east end of Bailey's Beach to the western end of First Beach. We were lucky in that there was a access walk from our lovely hotel to Cliff Walk. You can read about my amazing accommodations at Chanler at Cliff Walk here. The other good thing is if one doesn't want to tour the inside of the huge homes, this is a good way for one to see many of them, as the walk runs behind many of Newport's famous gilded mansions, such as Astor's Beechwood, Rosecliff, Marble House, The Breakers, Ochre Court, and Rough Point, where a bridge is located over an open chasm. Most of the 3.5-mile  cliff walk is paved and it offers beautiful vistas, tunnels, and long winding pathways. The latter half of the cliff walk has unpaved sections and paths along rugged New England rocky shoreline. This section is more a challenge but it also has breathtaking views!!!! And I managed just fine without breaking my balls!


After such long walks most days, to relax it was either a spiced pear champagne........

 
or a nice LONNGGGG cat nap.

21 comments:

  1. love the little lighthouse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fun thing to do when visiting Newport! It would be cool to run along there in the mornings. I had no idea Newport was so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talk about a motivator to run!!! Those views are spectacular. Really enjoying these post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love running too in the morning so this would be a great way to start the day. Welcome back, I didn't know you were back yet. Could the room be any more swank?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just another reason to love this spectacular city! If you do the whole walk it is quite beautiful to see the flowers homes and wildlife. Did I say glad your back dear?

    ReplyDelete
  6. If your post don't put one in the mood for summer nothing will. Those homes are insane!!!!! Glad you had such a wonderful trip. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does the professor want to adopt a weho boy also? This trip looks just amazing. Great views all around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This trip was breathtakingly beautiful. Must make it back again someday. I never did the cliff walk.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with with everybody else, this trip just gets more amazing and astonishing ! And did you two really take a nap!?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another part of the exercise plan!!!! I'm guessing.

      Delete
  10. Wow un luogo incantevole!!!!
    Thanks for this very interesting story and stroll, who showed me a new place to visit as soon as possible

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful place for a stroll, then a cock-a-tale, and then a "nap"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Probably a good thing you had the champagne after, otherwise you may have broke those huge balls.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mistress, I very much like your form of exercise, where do I sign up? Breathing views!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This post has inspired me to get out on the glorious day and take a nice walk, although no homes quite like that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful!!!!!!! I wish you'd invited me to walk with you. But, I guess this is second best, seeing it through your lens. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Early morning walks and hikes are my favorite, especially before breakfast, such a nice way of starting the day. Thanks for sharing your wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Walking, especially in such scenic areas, is so much fun and important to our well-being. The mansions are incredible...in such difficult economc times one wonders if they are all occupied.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad you were able to enjoy one of Rhode Island's coastlines many gems. For a little state they sure do have a lot to enjoy there. I may just have to bite the bullet and drive there soon to see all this!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cliff Walk was a treat for me to see this today. Thank you for the beautiful photography! Again, that room was heaven I bet?

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!