Sunday, September 20, 2015

INVASION OF THE MANTIS

 
Yesterday found me at my ever faithful Raven Resort for a fun day at the pool. It was absolutely beautiful weather wise, so I just had to take advantage to tan my body some more. I met up with my friends Maxwell, Jonathan and one of Max's friends, who is a local artist. She was so cool to talk to, a very warm, spiritual and deep lady. One never knows what the day may bring at the Raven. Earlier, Wendy was telling us of her first up close encounter of seeing a Praying Mantis, and how meticulous they move. They do seem to watch your every move, have you ever noticed that? Later she regaled us a story from her young years, where she and a friend met Michael Jackson, who was young at the time, and was up and coming then. He invited them up to his Penthouse his family had rented while vacationing. Pretty cool story. An hour later, Max says to yours truly. "Don't move." Well...low and behold right next to me was a Praying Mantis!! It kept walking toward me, over my legs, sat, and looked up at me!!!! Cool, but creepy..... and went next to Wendy. I just had to get my phone........
 
 
The Mantis started going toward her girls, so she flicked him off, but the Mantis just hung with us for the rest of the day.....
 
Hellooooooo!
 
And the weird part? He showed up as a Michael Jackson song came on? He even appeared at times to be swaying to the music? Could it have been Michael reincarnated? Wendy found it to be a very significant moment as we all did. The pool's last day was yesterday, so it was definitely a memorable closing to the season.

And a season it was!!!! Even the unicorn had had enough.

28 comments:

  1. One helluva mantis in those shorts... Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just watch that bite tootes!

      Delete
    2. that wasn't a mantis, it was a jackhammer! :)

      Delete
  2. How cool are those pictures!!!!!! And my goodness could your trunks be any short enough?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well no doll, with these gams sweetie, I'm telling ya, this is professional training and good clean living here

      Delete
  3. So many magical moments.....a praying mantis, a unicorn, your magic wand....it really is a cool place there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what great pictures!!!! That one close up made me jump! And I'm not talking about the lump. And that last shot........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pictures are quite good, such detail in the mantis. Sounds like you had a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness! That is a big one! I do love a Unique Horn occasionally...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prinny!!!! So nice to see you again. Do you know how to play a Unique Horn?

      Delete
  7. Amazing pictures! He must have mistaken your , huh, lump as another mantis?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Summer is over. Does this mean no more square cut shots? Meanwhile those mantis pictures are incredible. You seem to have the ability to attract creatures great and small

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One never knows. But the mantis was a cool moment for sure.

      Delete
  9. You do get the neatness pictures! He is rather creepy, but very cool close ups. You had a good weekend it sounds like.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That third image you got is incredible! Praying Mantis are very interesting to watch. He must have been enthralled by the first photo possibly?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love praying mantis......something very alien like about them. I has gotten very cool here...enjoy the temps while you can.

    ReplyDelete
  12. praying mantis eat harmful bugs and are good luck to have around.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't believe I have ever seen one so up close before. The praying mantis that is.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I not sure which is more of a man trap. The mantis or your sexy legs?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, my...she should've allowed the Mantis to remain on her. They're VERY good luck, don't ya know. Wonderful little creatures.

    And, my, that first photo is enticing! No, not of the mantis, that very, very first one - with the lovely legs and the log in the suit. Mmm-hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And don't let it run on another log....you should see what happens.

      Delete
  16. Next loose the trunks! Very cool shots of the mantis! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like to leave something to your imagination.......

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!