Monday, February 27, 2017

MONDAY AGAIN???

THIS totally sums up the mood this morning!
If ever Anna Wintour's face matched my mood!!! I really don't have much to complain about. I had a lovely weekend, finally one at my ever loyal Casa du Borghese, who is always there waiting for me when I return, and I  took very good advantage of lounging Friday night and having a nice long snooze in Saturday morning. The weekends home for m have been rare lately, so I enjoyed it. Saturday even found me hoping a train into Philly to have an early dinner at a place I've been meaning to go......Vernick's

This Walnut Street darling has been a hit with Rittenhouse regulars since day one — weekend tables require booking at least a month out. The masses flock here for chef Vernick’s crab-topped toasts, shareable shellfish roasts and scrambled eggs with uni, all of which are available at the bar if you can snag a stool. And it was well worth the wait to go too. It was mouth watering and loved the vibe of the whole place, nice cock-a-tails we had at the bar before hand. I had a old fashioned bourbon, which was a good stiffener for the afternoon, and the bartender was quite easy on the eyes and very friendly.
Sunday was spent in New Hope as I took my neighbor out for her birthday. Sunday was much colder as the temps have fallen once again from the high 60's back to winter again, but the sun was out, and it was a pleasant afternoon. We enjoyed our views of the waterfall at the playhouse and the Delaware River.
On the way into town we drove pass the Black Bass Hotel, a wonderful inn and restaurant here in our hamlet, and is currently filming a movie with Nicole Kidman who is in town for some time. I understand the crew arrived last Wednesday.
I can't remember who all is here with her, but she has since been seen all over dining out and everyone says how down to earth and nice she is. Since most of this area was settled by English, Irish and Scots, it has a European feel to it. I wonder if the movie is to be set in Europe. The director M Night Shyamalan has also filmed all his movies here, and even has a home here. But places in his movies actually do use the real names of the towns here, so it will be interesting to see how they use New Hope in this current film. On Saturday my old flame, and now good friend Gavin, who is part of the police department here had a photo op with Ms. Kidman on Friday! That lucky bastard.
Being a Bucks County hostess, I really should invite Nicki over to the Casa du Borghese for afternoon cock-a-tails and light refreshment, don't you find that would be nice?

15 comments:

  1. Loverly tour and pictures. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily I am the recipient of a three-day weekend and so my Monday will be Tuesday ... meaning one more day to recover from last weekend and one day closer to next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crab topped toasts!?! That sounds AMAZING! The place also looks amazing. Philadelphia has got some of the best restaurants around.....reason I love visiting there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would agree with you. So may places so little time........

      Delete
  4. How could Nicki Kidman possibly refuse your invitation? Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "if you can snag a stool" - oh gawd, WHY would you want to grab mister hankey, the xmess poo?

    ;-b

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH DEAR.....leave it to you to take it to ground zero. Mister Hanky!?!?!? Are you in the special candy dish again??

      Delete
  6. That's DAME Anna Wintour to you! Jx

    PS I can't wait to hear what Miss Kidman makes of the Casa. Be sure to keep the latex "toys" under lock and key...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I have the feeling she is used to seeing dildo's from when she was married to Mr. Cruise. But none the less, your advice is noted dear. xoxo

      Delete
  7. Anonymous2/27/2017

    Crab on toast? Order for me any time. Glad to hear you got a stiff one from the bar tender. It just goes to show what my mother Cruella always tells me. It's not what you know it's the men you feel.
    JP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your mother. And I wondered how you might like crab on toast. It was delish!!!!!!

      Delete
  8. Wait.......you guys actually got into Vernicks???? Who did you blow?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Monday post!!!! I have heard that those crab topped toasts are to die for. Looks very yummy! And how could Nicole turn down a invite to your infamous abode????

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nicole would feel right at home at the Casa. Go out and invite her!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too bad about that Monday mood after such a wonderful-sounding weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!