Thursday, March 9, 2017

BABY CHICKS, BREAKING WIND AND A BUS

After reading that head line, your probably asking or wondering where is the Mistress going with this one? Well I'm going to tell you.  On my way to work today, I pass a gardening center. Today they had a sign out " Baby Chicks are Here". If your  not familiar, every year around this time some places sell baby chicks for Easter for the kiddies. Sometimes the poor things are even dyed.

I frown on it myself...I wonder how many die from lack of care and how to raise. But I digress. Also in my family, when someone farts, we always say, " If you can't catch em , shoot em'". I don't know what you call it when someone farts, but they are funny. Anyway.... seeing the sign always reminds me of a story my mother told me when she was in her twenties, and working. She took a bus to and from work when she lived home. Well, one day she was on the bus on a crowd Friday before Easter. At one stop a very large fat lady got on the bus with a box full of chicks for the neighborhood kids. Apparently the bus driver was a Ralph Kramden type. When he went around a corner, the box of chicks tipped over, and the chicks went running all over the bus, while the large lady was all over the bus trying to capture them. When she got to the front, she bent over to grab another, when all of a sudden she shot a loud fart. To which the bus driver said, "That's right lady, if you can't catch em, shoot em!" Well, apparently the whole bus epruted in laughter. Except for the woman. But the joke was on the poor bus driver, because it turned out the woman was the mother of the mayor of Harrisburg at the time and he was fired the following week. Every time I hear the story I laugh hysterical picturing the whole scene. And if you don't think that's funny, I have way more fascinating tales, just you wait.

22 comments:

  1. Don't worry about those chicks, they're used to mama laying rotten eggs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wally, it's nice to have your windsong on our minds again!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Jonathan Swift of "Gulliver's Travels" fame wrote an entire book titled "The Benefits of Farting".

    Apparently.

    Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if MJ has it in the Infomaniac Libaray?

      Delete
  3. Haha, what a witty bus driver! I hope he found a new job, preferably in show business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I recall, I think my mother said he went to work for the gas company.

      Delete
  4. "fart proudly" - benjamin franklin.

    AND I DO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Anne Marie, there is more room out than in.

      Delete
    2. good ole ben probably farted the yankee doodle dandy.

      Delete
  5. This has to be up there with one of your most *interesting* stories! xoxoxox :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured you would appreciate the animal chaos on the bus.

      Delete
  6. I only claim the loud ones. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sharing that story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was laughing pretty hard myself picturing the chaos. But the poor bus driver.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mistress!!!!! That has to be a classic family story. An. who wouldn't laugh. I also remember well getting chicks for Easter. Thanks goodness ours weren't dyed though, the poor things. Once grown we took them to a farm

    ReplyDelete
  10. Farts are funny, I'm sorry. That is a pretty funny story, I can picture the whole thing. The bus driver sounds like a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. BRWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I too am so taking this story and saying... I needed a good laugh tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  12. at least she didn't sit on the poor peeps. but you can't help but wonder if the cabin pressure changed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wondered where that line came from! Great story.

    ReplyDelete
  14. In Kentucky it is illegal to sell chickens died in unnatural colors - the legislature took the time to pass a law on that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Had I been the woman, I don't know if I'd been more horrified over the chicks getting loose or the passing of gas! But what a chuckle.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!