Tuesday, March 21, 2017

GRANDE DAME

When RuPaul’s Drag Race returns for its ninth season on March 24, viewers across the country will meet Alexis Michelle: a New York drag queen with Broadway dreams, a strong belt, and a natural ability to put on a show.
Michelle’s drag frequently incorporates musical theatre. While competing in New York’s So You Think You Can Drag competition in 2014 (which she won), her performances included “Defying Gravity”—flying included—and a live rendition of the Witch’s rap from Into the Woods that led into a dramatic costume change and The Apple Tree’s “Gorgeous.” Michelle (out of drag, Alex Michaels) studied at University of Michigan’s famed musical theatre program. Alexis Michelle is one of those queens that has what “drag” is down pat; the over the top hair and a personality to match, Alexis is making her mark on the New York Drag scene in a way that is very rare in this extremely competitive town, which is where the theatre background comes into play. Now in her 14th year performing in drag she is funny, philosophical and extremely well spoken. I think she will be one to watch, and upon further watching her perform, she should do well on Drag Race. She has one of the best personalities, and in the video clip, I have NEVER seen a transformation done on stage this well ever!
Until then, catch Alexis Michelle on RuPaul’s Drag Race beginning March 24 on VH1. Since filming has wrapped ,she is a set to return to Feinstein's/54 Below with four performances, beginning March 28.  And her brand new residency at the beautiful Therapy, one of my favorite New York haunts for her newest show Head Game. 
 

14 comments:

  1. WOW! She is absolutely flawless!!!! And that clip is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Alexis Michelle!!!! She is amazing. I really am hoping she makes the finals along with Charlie Hides. Alexis does a mean Liza impersonation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is THE BEST drag reveal I have ever seen, in all my days of drag.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who could not like this queen when she has skills like that?! This is perfection

    ReplyDelete
  5. Broadway and drag queens? Say no more ... I'm hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know wtf was happening but that reveal was everythiiiing. She is flawless

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm GAGGED! I hear she is a pretty amazing performer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just one word: Astonishing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If she is this flawless and creative on the show,I can't help but to feel like she'll be top 3We love our Alexis here at Therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I forgot just how entertaining this show is

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yass Mamma!! This bitch is a force to be reckoned with

    ReplyDelete
  12. Last time I was in the US,I saw this play..... love Into the Woods. It is a hilarious & dark musical. The Witch's Rap makes me laugh & Alexis's transformation is superbly executed & fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is amazing! I love the reveal and the after dress. This is the art of drag at is best. Truly

    ReplyDelete
  14. That transformation and the performance that followed were brilliant! Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead darling, tell me something fabulous!